Author Topic: Newbie Question: does it work?  (Read 5575 times)

loser48

• View Profile
Newbie Question: does it work?
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
Hello ~ I'm a newbie to this thread. Have order the book and it will come within a week. My question is... does it work and can I live a healthy lifestyle without sugar? Low sugar? Thanks. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Take care. ;)

joagain

Re: Newbie Question: does it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
YES  it works if you do what the book tells you too ,Welcome to the FTS way of life you will feel so much better !! Look at this before and after post , and this is some of the pics !!

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1015.0

loser48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »
Hi joagain ~ thanks for the welcome. I would agree that if you follow what the book says, you will get the results you want. Oh, the before and after pics are awesome! Thanks. ;)

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:52 PM »
I am convinced because of my results. My hA1C was 11 in March of last year and by December it was down to 5.8. I also have lost 54 pounds since mid-April when I started living the FTS lifestyle. I cook more now than I ever do and my energy level is unbelievably better than it has ever been.

joagain

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 06:20:04 AM »
Loser48 it is still unbelievable to me that I am free of my sugar addiction .I was VERY addicted to bread any kind of bread . I am ashamed to say how much of a warm loaf of french/Italian bread I could eat .

I have come to realize the freedom of the addiction and the way I feel is better then the weight loss. I came here of course to lose weight fast ,what I did not expect is to be free from cravings that  I have had for 30 years or more and also get rid of acid reflux .
 I came here to find a diet to lose weight fast but what I found was a New lifestyle that I will stick with for the rest of my life ,I have felt better in the last 5 months then I have in a very long time .
Everyone on here knows that I want to lose faster and not be the Slowest Loser on the forum ,but the important thing is now that I will not give up ,slowly but surely I will reach my goal .

Sorry Doug I have never been a star student . LOL ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:12:36 AM by Doug Varrieur »

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum family loser48.  Good luck with your journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Newbie Question: does it work?

YES!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
Welcome Loser48 ! The answer is yes! Check out the tickers on the people as you go from room to room on the forum.
I am umpa,dougs(the guy that wrote that little yellow book) wife.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat o skinny friendly.Use the forum and read the books and ask alot of questions! ;D

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »
oh it works....beyond your wildest dreams it WORKS:)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »
Hi Loser48 and welcome to the forum!  This TOTALLY WORKS!!!!   I feel like if I can do this....ANYONE can!  I had no will power, and I was addicted sugar.  I really LOVE the FTS lifestyle.  (...and I still get to eat cheesecake!!)  Check out all the wonderful recipes in the recipe exchange section.   Also, search out one of the members called "sherripie".  Her weight loss will blow your mind!!   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:10:12 PM »
Welcome to our family, loser48!  :) :) :)

That feeling of being "tired" most of us sugar addicts feel disappears and is replaced with much higher energy levels.
You will be amazed and how much better you will be feeling after a couple of weeks.

And as you stick to the FTS lifestyle rules, the pounds will melt away and stay away!

Fat To Skinny REALLY does work!!!  ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

loser48

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 01:11:51 AM »
Hi everyone ~ thanks for the welcome and your answers! Now I'm starting to believe that it does really work. When I get to reading the book... I will begin my journey from sugar to healthy eating. It will be wonderful feeling to be 'free' from cravings carbs... which have been troublesome over the years. I have much to learn.

Doug ~ thanks for saying YES. I heard you talking about sugar... and was amazed at how much the average person consumes in a year. EEK! What a wake up call that was. It got me thinking... do I consume that much SUGAR? YIKES!... then I said to myself... I got to do something about this. Thanks.

Umpa ~ thanks for sharing. I will check out your column... as I've always wanted to convert yummy recipes into healthy ones. Cheers!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:14:39 AM by loser48 »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 08:07:40 AM »
We all look forward to your forum participation and success :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:02 AM »
Maddiesmom you look great! ;D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
Thanks for the sweet words Umpa!!!  (I just saw your post today!)  I am so happy, and I feel GREAT!