Author Topic: Eat This, lose-weight"....  (Read 2969 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Eat This, lose-weight"....
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:15 AM »
I love it how everyone seems to be jumping on the band wagon!  Has anyone seen the February 2011 Reader's Digest?  On the cover in red letters it says, "EAT THIS, lose weight", then it has a smiley face made of bacon and eggs! ha ha  In the article a physician and a science journalist are talking about all the things that WE already know.....thanks to Doug!!  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:38:49 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Eat This, lose-weight"....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »
As time goes by and generations grow and change they get smarter and smarter. Hopefully one day the science of basic humanism and food will be taught in our schools at a very young age. Hopefully people will understand the untold misery brought on by government sanctioned dietary and food pyramids and they will change. Hopefully parents will take a stand and just say NO to all the crap in our food chain that will ultimately make their kids ill.

Hopefully
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
As time goes by and generations grow and change they get smarter and smarter. Hopefully one day the science of basic humanism and food will be taught in our schools at a very young age. Hopefully people will understand the untold misery brought on by government sanctioned dietary and food pyramids and they will change. Hopefully parents will take a stand and just say NO to all the crap in our food chain that will ultimately make their kids ill.

Hopefully

Amen Doug!... Amen!
What you do today is what matters!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 08:22:56 AM »
Hopefully by teaching our children they will change the future. My son is 12 and learning about FTS. I am probably the only Mom in the world that tells him we need to do protein loading for school. He laughs at that but loves my breakfasts and school lunches. Also, he is so much more focused this year than last year, even made the Dean's Honor Roll. You have to think that has a lot to do with taking all that excess sugar out of his daily life.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
Sadly I think all these young moms well most of them or sugar junkies their selves which will cause problems with their children my daughterinlaw and niece is 2 of them all they ingest is carbs sodas candies pasta and little Debbie's .

I told my son I said you see what your brother has to go through with Type 1 diabetes if it had been type 2 and that I could have caused him to get by the bad food that i gave him would have caused me to go crazy . And there is a good chance my grandchild will get type 2 cause of what they eat but they will not listen to me .

I can only hope and pray they come around

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:41:56 AM »
How great SherriPie that FTS is helping your son as well.  If the next generation learns to eat properly as children they will not have the issues that we have as adults.  What a good Mom! 

And you too Jo, helping your son keep his diabetes under control and educating him on healthy eating!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 08:44:24 AM by ShihTzuMom1 »

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »
School lunches are SO bad! I teach at a middle school and it makes me sick to my stomach to see the lunch food that the students and many of the teachers are eating. I NEVER eat the school food. I always pack my own food.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
School lunches are SO bad! I teach at a middle school and it makes me sick to my stomach to see the lunch food that the students and many of the teachers are eating. I NEVER eat the school food. I always pack my own food.

They sell things at his school for lunch I would never feed him. Sugar smoothies, huge cookies, every kind of sweet milk you can imagine and they let them buy as much as they like. So needless to say he brings his lunch each day.

You are my hero Owensmath. Middle School is rough and the good teachers and staff out there make a HUGE difference in the kids lives. You rock for taking on that age group!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
I agree with you Sherripie.  Middle school is a hard age.  I've heard it said that "The meanest creature on the earth is a middle school girl."  My daughter was an easy target being tall, skinny, freckled, and red headed.  Thankfully there are sweet teachers who help them to survive it!  Hang in there.... Life gets ALOT better after middle school.  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
You moms that are teaching their children how to eat correctly deserve the utmost admiration.

The cultural pressures at school, on TV, on billboards, in grocery stores, etc. can make this so very difficult to do.

My hat's off to you all!!!
What you do today is what matters!