Author Topic: Ausgirl Meal Plan Feb 10  (Read 6664 times)

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
Ausgirl Meal Plan Feb 10
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
B - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 6 sliced mushrooms, two slices swiss cheese - 2.5 carbs
L - 2 slices ham, 2 slices cheese, 1 gg crispbread - 2 carbs

D (tried something new - don't think I'll have it again)
 Got some Miracle Noodles from the Low Carb Grocery place - had it with 1 cup canned tomatoes (with garlic and olive oil) and a can of tuna and some grated cheese - 15? (the tomatoes were 7 carbs for 1/2 cup) - I didn't eat all the tomatoes and the juice, but I thought I'd still better count it.

Not so great - was kinda watery and noodles tasteless - think I prefer the Wildwood? ones.  Anyway, I ate it cos I was hungry!
AND I was close to 20 - should have just stuck to some more GG and tuna or something - would have filled me just as much and would not have been so high in carbs.  Oh well, I wanted to try something different.  You live and you learn
Ausgirl

owensmath

Re: Ausgirl Meal Plan Feb 10
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »
How did you prepare the miracle noodles? I have found that if you rinse them well, boil them for a minute, and pat them dry before you use them, that they soak up the flavors of the sauce they are in.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Yes you will find thinks are not worth the carbs that you will use . I say nah thats not worth 5 carbs LOL

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
Mmmm, well it didn't actually say how to prepare them, but I went on the website and it said that you can just rinse them thoroughly (which I did cos they didn't smell great) and then I put them in with the sauce until they were boiling and heated through.

Your idea sounds much better though - thanks for the tip Owensmath, I'll try that next time - I have 2 more packets!
Ausgirl

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
I agree - it doesn't smell appetizing! 

I rinse, rinse, rinse then rub between my hands several times under running water.  Then I leave the noodles in the strainer and let them sit in a bowl of fresh water.  My final step is to  drain then pour a little garlic oil on the noodles, then add to the sauce.  After all these steps, they don't smell and are tolerable... ;) ;)

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
No you're definitely right there Romarc, but the Wildwood ones:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132_137_411

I found out of the ones I've tried, didn't smell so bad and were quite good.

I like your tip about the garlic oil though. That combined with Owensmath's suggestion of boiling and then patting them dry, may just make them a bit more interesting!

Still kicking myself for what I had for dinner, but never mind, I still made it under 20.....
Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:34 AM »
does that ticker already say 3.5 ? You go girl

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »
Yeah I know....its like a daily thing - I have to stop getting on the scales, but I'm just amazed at how well I'm doing this time around.  I know it will slow down though.
I changed my ticker background, so I couldn't resist putting on the change in my weight in the few days since I began!
I'll just do it every week now....if I can resist...
Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »
It is hard to resist getting on it just dont let it make or break your day like it did me when I started . When did you do the the first time ?

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
I dabbled a little last year....did not put on what I lost when I fell off the wagon, so that makes me happy to admit!
Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
oh ok I thought you were new !

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »
New to the forum, not the program
Ausgirl

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
Ausgirl I prefer the House Foods Shirataki Spaghetti noodles to the Miracle Noodles.  http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1088.  I rinse them well and then saute them in olive oil.  They are great with Alfredo Sauce (Classico Mushroom Alfredo found in most grocery stores) or I also like the Bella Vita tomato and basil sauce that I order from the Low Carb Grocery.   I've not tried the Wildwood noodles.

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
I liked the Wildwood ones because they really didn't have a smell like all the others.
Its all about experimenting I guess.
Thanks for the heads up re the Alfredo sauce, I'm off to Zehrs today and it will save me hunting through them to find a suitable low carb one!  I'm also going to the mall on the weekend to check out the Nutrition House to see what they have from the Low Carb Grocery - the guy there said that they had sauces there, so I'll report back if I find any goodies worth reporting about!
Ausgirl

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
I use the miracle noodles with the monte bene tomato basil sauce and I make baked sketti!!!  ;D