Author Topic: Sick of Being FAT  (Read 6329 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: Sick of Being FAT
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
Thanks Rena! I'm on it! I busted my diet today so I'm going to start tomorrow...and I feel awful and bloated as usual when I consume waaaay too much pasta! Thanks again Rena!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
The specialty vegan foods you are buying are expensive.Have you tried just going to the veggie section at the grocery store or walmart.I am from texas too and grocery stores there are really good about getting products you need. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
Welcome to the family, TabyandZayBaby!  :) :) :)

If you ever need any support or have any questions along the way, we're here to help!
We succeed by helping each other succeed!

I hope to hear from you again soon!
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
Hey Umpa! I don't really buy too many specialty vegan foods, just the "accidentally vegan" ones :) my only exceptions were Ezekiel bread 5 bucks a loaf, and the tamales which are 5 bucks for 6...not too bad. I looked at the Dixie Diner again and saw some of the prices were for bulk amounts...so a couple of the items aren't too bad! They will definitely have to stretch though, as I said, 3 of us living off of 800 bucks a month only goes so far! I do have a friend that works in Kroger's and he tries to special order some things for me, but sometimes his manager just won't. Wal-mart sucks about it, straight forward. I have developed a really good relationship with someone at our health food store though and they might do it for me, I haven't been off yet this week to make their business hours to check...but I plan on it! I am getting used to cooking more with veggies...in reality, I know the possibilities are endless with just veggies...my mind just hasn't gotten that far yet...I'm desperately searching for ideas to jog my imagination...so I'm welcoming anything!!! I'm in my last semester for graduate school and have 32 a week of internship in another city, 15 hours of class which takes up 5 hours on Mondays, my only day "off" and then raising a toddler with health issues...and my hubby works and goes to school...it's such a busy time! But I know if I can succeed now, then I can be successful anywhere! Thanks for all your help Umpa and like I said, I appreciate everything you have to offer and for devoting time to help me...this could save my health, and my life. Thanks a million!

Thanks Mouseissue!!! i appreciate, i am struggling through the diet day by day but making it work thanks to so much help and suggestions!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »
If the store carries the brand they can get the products.Like Snyders pretzels is eatsmart chips.Bobs red mill has flours everywhere.If the store won't call the company and have the distributor bring it. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 02:03:25 PM »
Thanks Umpa!! I'll check on that when I can!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:58 PM »
Here here! You said it sista! You can do it!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
Thank you! I'm trying!!!