Author Topic: Sick of Being FAT  (Read 6319 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Sick of Being FAT
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
So...I'm sick of being FAT. I've been F-A-T my whole life. Sometimes I was fairly healthy size, but mainly just FAT. It's funny, I've hidden behind the description, "Womanly" or "full-figured" or "plus size" like I'm a candy bar or prize or something. Society has told me I'm just in "real women sizes"...which isn't fair because skinny women are real women too. I don't care if I never fit into a 6, or even 10...BUT I want to FEEL as good as if I'm a 6 or 10. I want to be healthy. I want to live. My father died at age 31 when I was 10 years old due to a heart attack and he wasn't a big guy at all, but internally he was unhealthy. I want my son to know me first hand, not through others' descriptions and pictures. I don't want him to be embarrassed when his friends come over and see his FAT mom. My husband is 5'6 and 135 pounds of lean meat and muscle...he doesn't eat right or exercise, but somehow is lean, and I don't want people to look at us anymore like...wow, he must love fat women. I am determined to make this work...I can see it in my mind's eye. I don't care if all I eat is spinach, I can't live like this anymore. I lost 50 pounds, but when you're 5'9 and 285...now 240-235 50 pounds is nothing. I'm done with YOU sugar, with YOU carbs...I done with you FAT...it's long over due that we end this toxic relationship we've had, but late is better than never. When I graduate with my master's degree in May, I better be half the person I am today, at least physically  ;) goodbye sugar...so long.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

joagain

Re: Sick of Being FAT
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:10:42 AM »
I hear ya sister ! Make it happen !

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:12:19 AM »
That is the plan!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »
I remember standing in front of the mirror when I was 285 pounds and saying the same mantra! You go girl  ;)

Determination, Persistence, Commitment!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »
TabyandZayBaby keep your focus on good health and detoxing your body from sugar.You are gonna be amazed how quickly you feel amazing!The weight loss is just a side effect of the new healthier you! You need to learn to eat healthy to teach your son .I have to be honest with you ,I work with alot of vegans and find alot of them are just(family members you know who you are) Carb Addicts.They give up meat and use that as a excuse to pile in the carbs.There are plenty of things you can eat that aren't derived from meat or sugar. ;)
Stay the course and we will help you. :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »
TabyandZayBaby  it's like you're playing my song. I started almost a year ago and posted a post very similar to yours. I hated being FAT and didn't want my sons friends to come over or even my husbands. I didn't care if I was a 6 or a 16 I just wanted not to be fat. I wish I could hug you because you have found the TOTALLY right place and the right new lifestyle. I have to say if feels AMAZING not to feel like the fattest person in the room, to not worry about fitting in chairs, or movie theater seats, to shop for clothes at regular stores...to be just be NORMAL! Like you, I have been fat all my life and to finally feel like I am getting comfortable in my own skin is the greatest gift ever. I am so glad you found FTS so that your transformation is beginning, 50 pounds gone is HUGE! It took almost a 100 pounds on me to see a difference, so hang in there and kick that Fat's butt!!

If you wanna talk PM anytime :)

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
You are in the right frame of mind now TabyandZayBaby!  Just take it meal by meal, day by day.  You can do it!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »
 ;D Sherripie you are a amazing life force

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
 :D Thanks guys!!! So...haven't started eating today yet...and I'm not sure what I can do for breakfast! Or lunch or dinner LOL. Obviously, even if I order products today, they won't be here for a while...so...any suggestions? I live in a rural East Texas town (not low sugar or vegan friendly LOL) but we have Wal-Mart, Krogers, and Brookshire Bros and two tiny health stores managing to survive but they sell mostly Celiac and vegan friendly stuff but not low carb. I did however find that my FAVORITE dish (White Mountain vegan tamales) will fit into the plan!!! They have 26 grams of carbs BUT after you subtract the dietary fiber...15 grams worth...that leaves me with 11 grams for TWO!!! So, if I eat only ONE then it's like 5.5 grams YAY...and my vegan queso...Nacho Mamas vegan queso, has only 2 grams!!! It's great, so I do have SOMETHING. I love almonds and peanuts, and of course can get those...any other ideas friends? Sherriepie, Umpa, Doug, Joagain, and Shih Tzu Mom1...thanks for all the support, it's like you're family! I'm so excited everytime I hear from you guys. I'm on Facebook and if anyone is a FBer too my name is Desiree' Morrison and I'd be glad to add you or you add me. I came here because Rena, on here, is my friend on FB, we became friends through my mom and she referred me to this eating change, when I saw her success I was like...DUDE...what ARE you doing? She referred me and I listened and now I am thinking how life changing this will be. I'm thankful for Rena, she has been an amazing beacon of hope and inspiration in my life. Whew...sorry about the topic change...so any ideas for vegans on lunch or dinner for today (eventually I'll get creative I'm sure, it was like this when I became vegan, just gotta get going) I haven't found any low sugar/ carb dressing yet for salad...worried about carbs in veggies adding up quick so gotta figure out something more than veggies and salad and almonds :P and tamales of course!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
Do you have the Paul Newman's dressings in your area?  The Newman's Own Oil & Vinegar is 1 carb per 2 tblsp. of dressing.  I tblsp. is usually enough for a salad.  There are others but they have cheese in them.

If your health food store carries Walden Farms products (or your local grocery store may have them in the diabetic section) they are 0 carb.  You would have to check out the ingredient list to see if they are vegan friendly.

I like the Sensato Hot Cereals for breakfast.  Very high in fibre.  I think you can get them from www.netrition.com and www.amazon.com.  The Vanilla/Almond and Strawberriliscious have 1 net carb per serving.  I know that doesn't help for breakfast today, but you may like it in the future.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
Thank you! Yes we have the Newman products and dressings! I used to use them alot, I will have to recheck that out! I will have to make changes to my salads but I make salad-soup with the dressing :P I"m a saturator when it comes to dressing  :o I have not seen Walden Farms but I have probably not previously looked for them...will have to check that out. Thanks! I appreciate any and all suggestions!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »
Uh Oh...Dixie Diner isn't an option right now...I just checked it out...EEEEK, I can't afford that stuff yet, we are a family of three that lives off of 800 dollars a month, I'm in grad school and doing an internship commuting in another town :( so gas is already killing us, and my hubby is in school and works 30 hours a week and has college courses too and our son is in daycare...no DixieDiner. BUT I know that I can eat other foods without those premade ones right? I mean I can cook almost anything...just need a few ideas.

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:00:24 PM »
Hello tabbyandzaybaby!!
I have also always been fat. The last picture I have as a thin person I was 6 years old.  I have always been fat and I'm determined to change that too. 2011 is my year!!  You've already lost 50 that is so great! I would love to get there.  We all will if we continue to hellp each other. I am so thankful for all the help and recipes and so excited to change my life.
God bless, Darla

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »
Thanks Darla! And congrats so far! Very proud for you!

Rena

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!  ;D

I hear what you're saying. I lost my father when I was only a year old due to heart complications (not weight related, as he was skinny as a rail). I can't imagine my kids not knowing their dad, but at the rate he was going, he was heading towards a massive heart attack. I'm so glad he's sticking with this program, although it's MUCH harder for him than it is for me. It's a real struggle for him because food was almost like a hobby for him.

It sounds like you're heading in the right direction, Des!

Look for Walden Farms salad dressings. I love the Bacon Ranch and the Blue Cheese. Around here they run nearly $5 a bottle, but at 0 carbs (and 0 calories!) it's worth it. Every now and then I come across them on sale for 2 for $4 or something. The Bacon Ranch is my favorite -- I've even ordered some individual packets to take with me to WDW! Good stuff!