Author Topic: Loosing slowly  (Read 2244 times)

Bella

• View Profile
Loosing slowly
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
I know there are many variables to consider when it comes to  how fast or slow the weight comes off .  I'm happy that since I started FTS I have had a gradual loss with no regains.  I can't be as active as I would like since I'm still  recuperating  from a fractured Tibia even though I'm walking now and back to work part time the Docs orders are 4-6 hours on my feet without the aid of the crutches so I can rationalize the fact  I'm not burning as many  calories as I normally would....Trying to be patient and positive but these twinges of discouragement sneak in on loosing slowly

joagain

Re: Loosing slowly
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:39 PM »
As Doug says just stay the course I have been told  this many times I have the award for the slowest loser on the forum but I will not give up ! I have been doing this since Sept and I have lost 26 pounds 10 of it was the frst 2 weeks .
But I feel so much better I hope one of these da I break down my slow wall .

Bella if I can stick with it losing this slow I know you can ! I figure as long as I lose a pound a week or stay the same I am doing good . In 1 year that is 56 pounds smaller . I know you get discouraged but your 16 pounds lighter !!!!
 I think my trouble has to be portions because I only eat when hungry but maybe I am eating to much . I drink over 64 oz of water .  Watch portions and hidden sugars .
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:59:04 PM by joagain »

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
Be sure to watch your portion sizes and really think before you eat. Really ask yourself before you eat if you're really hungry or just eating because it's time or you're bored. Doug covers this in the book and I find I use it everyday. It's easy to snack out to boredom, but drink water and see if the urge passes. Also beware of sugar alcohols. If you're loosing slowly they might have something to do with it.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
Hi Bella :) weight loss is weight loss whether it's fast or slow. I think you are a wonderful testimony to FTS considering you're inability for much activity. Imagine all the people going to the gym this morning, working out for an hour or two then settling into a nice bowl of (healthy) cereal and fruit after their workout. The scale doesn't move and they don't know why. Now here you are recovering from a major injury, eating well and dropping weight!  ::)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word  8)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Bella

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
Thank You Joagain, SherriPie, and Doug !!   You're perspectives helped me. Thank you for taking the time to give me your insight. I appreciate that.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »
You are going to totally do it Bella. I have a foot issue too so I know how it feels to have to be non-weight bearing for several hours a day. Just know I am doing this without exercise, foot/leg propped up on pillows on the couch and it still works.   ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »
Thank You Joagain, SherriPie, and Doug !!   You're perspectives helped me. Thank you for taking the time to give me your insight. I appreciate that.

You are very welcome, that's the foundation of this ministry, people helping people :) As you become an FTS veteran you'll truly enjoy helping the newbies yourself  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)