Author Topic: How much and how long?  (Read 13325 times)

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
Re: How much and how long?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
What great results by everyone.....I'm hoping I can be up there with the big losers by the end of the year!
Ausgirl

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »
Keep going you big bunch of losers!  ;D ;D ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
LOL Doug!

For once I don't mind being called a loser!
Ausgirl

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
48.6 pounds in 6 months!

Many here envy you, Sherri!  ;)

No one should envy me, I just have way too much to loose! I am so thrilled though to be getting close to the finish line. ShihTzuMom1 (aka SkinnyMom) is right though, this is a lifestyle change not a diet. So when we loose all our weight we are still going to be FTS'ers forever. I am just so happy to have found something that finally works and doesn't feel like a diet at all! I told my husband the other night that it's crazy that I can eat pork roast and whipped cream (not together necessarily) and still loose weight. I love FTS and I can't thank Doug and Umpa enough for releasing the book.

I was just being flip with you Sherri!  ::)

You're absolutely correct... This is a lifestyle we adopt for a lifetime to avoid being FAT.
And what we eat makes many so-called "nutrition experts" heads spin.
But so what?
We are losing our fat and getting healthier everyday.  ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
Congrats to all of you wonderful "losers". What an achievement big or small!
I'm only down 13 pounds, but its the first time in a very long time I have lost weight at all and kept it off.
Even when I've had a bad day or two, as soon as I get right back on, the scale goes right back down.
I am walking almost every night with friends for an hour, which makes me feel wonderful and the clothes are getting loose.
I think my biggest problem now is in the beginning, I used the cream and butter to help offset what I wasn't eating and thought everything tasted great. Now since my bad cholorestal was up and the doctor wasn't happy, I have tried to cut out the butter, cream, bacon, etc and am having a harder time staying  within my 20 grams some days.  I wish I just didn't worry about it so much and get on with the process.
I really miss my oatmeal that I used to eat every morning and I really think that helped my cholorestal to stay down.  Izzet, I think I will order some of the Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal you talk about.  Maybe that will help with the cholorestal.  Keep up the good work, you guys are amazing!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
... I think my biggest problem now is in the beginning, I used the cream and butter to help offset what I wasn't eating and thought everything tasted great. Now since my bad cholorestal was up and the doctor wasn't happy, I have tried to cut out the butter, cream, bacon, etc and am having a harder time staying  within my 20 grams some days.  I wish I just didn't worry about it so much and get on with the process.
I really miss my oatmeal that I used to eat every morning and I really think that helped my cholorestal to stay down.  Izzet, I think I will order some of the Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal you talk about.  Maybe that will help with the cholorestal.  Keep up the good work, you guys are amazing!!

Hi institches9709!  :)

Hmmm?... If you are staying below 20 net carb grams per day, your bad cholesterol (LDL) should not be going UP!... It should be going DOWN! :-\
To my knowledge, this is the case with everyone else here (including myself).

Please post EVERYTHING you're eating as well as HOW MUCH of it EVERYDAY on our "Meal Plans" board at:
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

Our family here will help you analyze it to see if you are eating more carbs than you realize.
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »
My bad cholesterol went way down and I do not take cholesterol meds. I've been living the FTS lifestyle since mid-April of 2010.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
Instiches, I want you to start including fish oil capsules in your daily vitamin pack and eat Salmon once a week.......watch the magic happen  ;)

owensmath

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »
Good point, Doug. I take krill oil daily.

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
I've been trying to lose weight my whole life! I started working on it again in Sept. 2010 in the form of a "weight loss bet" with an old highschool friend. I lost 10 lbs. on my own, but have lost another 13.5 lbs. with FTS in only 4 weeks for a total of 23.5!! My favorite thing is that I'm never hungry...I know that if I'm more active the weight goes away in bigger chunks, but it goes either way!!

It's awesome! I've told my family that I will be eating this way for the rest of my life and I'm soooo excited to finally find something that works, that's easy to do, and that I'm not starving all the time!!!  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 07:53:21 AM »
You go MommaB!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
8 lbs in one week.   8 POUND - ONE WEEK..  (I had to shout it!)

I have tried all my life to lose the weight. Looking at the diet plans and progams I have tried, I cannot believe the hidden sugar in what I thought was healthy! 

I am not sure if this pace will continue but I am enjoyng not being hungry and sometimes feel so full, I don't know how the weight can posibly come off!  But I wake up, weigh myself and find I'm down another lb!

Thanks for writing this book, Doug, so that my husband saw it, and gave it to me for Christmas... It has turned out to be better than any piece of jewelry he could have found.  Actually, it was a Diamond for me !

I'll check in next week with an update (looking for at least 4 lbs)

Cheers
Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

owensmath

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Way to go! Keep on rockin'!!!!

joagain

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
Theresa just keep on goig baby !!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
That's great Momx04!!  I'm sure your husband will be thrilled to have a trophy wife on his arm in the near future!!