Author Topic: tasty kakes  (Read 2492 times)

darpar62

• View Profile
tasty kakes
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
Has anyone tried the tasty kakes? Are they good? also how many carbs? I ordered the GGbrancrisp bread should get it pretty soon. I haven't tried anything else yet.  Next am going to order the tortillas. I bought some down town that are 4 carbs and they are good, but if you can get tortillas with 3 carbs, why not!  I have tried the russell stovers candy, it's amazingly good!! I don't keep it around though just buy a small 3 piece box or I'd eat it everyday.   Any help would be appreciated on ordering.  I want to try things but can't afford to throw money away.  Someone said the Bakesquick is good I'm going to try that soon.  I'd like to know about sugar free ketchup and BBQ sauce ( not walden farms) any other suggestions great!!'

Thanks for your help!
Darla

owensmath

Re: tasty kakes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:09 PM »
I ordered a couple boxes last fall of the Tasty Kakes (the chocolate/chocolate chip ones) and kept them in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator. They were good when they were cold and I didn't see them and crave them when they were in the drawer.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
I didn't like the Walden Farms SF ketchup so I have been using it in recipes like meatloaf.  I prefer the Heinz SF ketchup, even though it is not 0 carbs. 

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Has anyone tried the tasty kakes? Are they good? also how many carbs? I ordered the GGbrancrisp bread should get it pretty soon. I haven't tried anything else yet.  Next am going to order the tortillas. I bought some down town that are 4 carbs and they are good, but if you can get tortillas with 3 carbs, why not!  I have tried the russell stovers candy, it's amazingly good!! I don't keep it around though just buy a small 3 piece box or I'd eat it everyday.   Any help would be appreciated on ordering.  I want to try things but can't afford to throw money away.  Someone said the Bakesquick is good I'm going to try that soon.  I'd like to know about sugar free ketchup and BBQ sauce ( not walden farms) any other suggestions great!!'

Thanks for your help!
Darla

Darpar:  click on this link - here's a recipe Doug has given for BBQ sauce

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2122.0

Ausgirl

Rena

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
I haven't tried the Tasty Kakes yet. I know if I had them, I'd just want to eat them, so I'm better off keeping them away. I usually have some SF chocolate around and I probably eat too much of that.

Heinz makes a good reduced sugar ketchup that you can find almost anywhere. My husband is a big ketchup person and couldn't stand Walden Farms. He likes Heinz, even though it has a few carbs. He doesn't seem to use it nearly as much as before.

We can find a lot of low-carb tortillas locally, so we haven't had to order those online. I've finally tried making wraps using Romaine leaves and that's surprisingly good ... to me, anyway. Good luck!

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
They meet a need, but they are  :o DRYYYYY!

I made the Ice Cream Sandwich like in the FTS Book.
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY.