Author Topic: Help!!! I'm stuck!!!  (Read 5623 times)

MommaB

• View Profile
Help!!! I'm stuck!!!
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Ok...so I know that I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day...but I do...it doesn't usually bother me as long as I don't gain...but the last 2 weeks my weight has gone up and down by half a pound...but no over-all weight loss! I'm fairly confident that I'm on a plateau...my question...what can I do to get off this lovely plateau!?! I don't eat any sugar alcohols...so that's not it...not sure what to do...I guess I could exercise...but quite frankly I don't like to exercise...I guess if that's the only way...I'll do it...just wondering what ideas you all might have!!

Thanks so much!!   ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! I'm stuck!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »
Drink lots of water and eat lots of flax.  If you retain water maybe you are eating too many salty things like processed meat.  I weigh myself every day and put it on a chart.  It does go up and down every day sometimes by 1 - 2 pounds.  At the end of the week I figure out the average for the week.  When I look at the average column it has gone down almost every week.  If you want to weigh yourself every day this may help so it doesn't look so bad.

bevxx

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
 ;D i've just managed to give my scales to a relative ..to look after..i'm going to weigh myself next week sometime..i found that i weighed myself a few times a day and that i ate according to what it read..if i weighed less ...i thought i could eat more..wrong...so i wasn't losing any...so now i feel better..even though its like when i give up an addiction..i keep expecting them to be in the same place..it will take a bit of getting used to...but it had to be done...x

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:03:06 AM »
MommaB I am not sure how long you have been doing FTS but I lost the most of my weight the first 2 months then it has been stall after stall . but when I average it out it is normal weight loss . Not huge amounts like some ,but  a good loss like 5 a month and if you take all the ladies on here and average it is about the same 5-7 a month .
 It seems like some  tickers moves faster then ours ! I had to stop with the scale & just go by how I feel . I am trying to mix things up like Mom1 said eat a little less and maybe you are not eating enough fat . I started today going back when I first started and not eating till I get hungry to see if my feeding times have changed . If you dont have alot to lose then maybe that is why it is slowing down .

Whatever you do dont give up !!!!! You know what will happen then !!!!

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:32:56 AM »
I would also like to add that you may need to drink more water.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:04 AM »
I think February is plateau month! I went for two and half weeks and didn't loose a pound. I cut everything back and started again, loosing all my sugar alcohols and special things. Eventually I started loosing again but I really think it was just my body readjusting. That seems to happen to me about every three months. Does that happen to anyone else every three months?

Just drink a lot of water, watch your portion sizes and maybe cut back on the carbs a bit. I know we can have 20 to play with during the day but if you cut back to 12 it might help jumpstart you?? Do know that we ALL go through it and it completely sucks but it will end. You might even find that when your plateau ends you have actually lost inches during that time, so be sure to measure.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
I drink about 64 oz. of water each day now...I guess I could drink more...but I'll be swimming!   :D  lol

The only sugar alcohols that I might use is in my sf Torani syrup for my coffee, but that's only a couple Tbl.

Hmmmm....I haven't been measuring...but I know I should do that! What parts do you measure!?! (obviously waist & hips, but what else!?!) Maybe I'll start measuring today as this is my official "weigh-in" day!!! lol  I did lose half a pound today...so I guess that's something...but still...I've been doing this for a little over 4 weeks...the first 10lbs on my ticker were from before fts and it took me 4 months to lose that with all the yo-yoing over the holidays!!  :D  hahahaha

Thanks for all the encouragement! Love you all!!!!!!  :) ;)

Going walking with my kids....maybe that will help a bit!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!
((hugs))    ;D

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
ice water with organic apple cider vinegar (Bragg's) and a splash of lemon juice sipped throughout the day-cut out diet soda for a while if you are drinking it-make sure you are eating correct portion sizes and not overdoing it on low carb food-consume fiber/flax seed-walk

Another thing to think about is if you are eating too little your body will hold onto what you have just as it holds onto fluid if you don't hydrate yourself. 3-5 meals a day but stay under your net carbs.  Check your condiments for extra sugars/carbs.

I know that even though I hit plateau's that I lost lots of inches!  Let your clothing fit be your guide.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Rena

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
I think February is plateau month!

Here, here!

As I posted in another thread, I haven't seen much on the scale in awhile too. I keep joking that I'm losing all my weight in my chest. WTH!  ::)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
hahahahaha...Rena...that's funny!!! If I did very much of that...I'd be concave!!!! lol    :o

Rena

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »
I'm definitely stuck, too. I'm not eating very much, not having any hidden carbs, and never going over my 20. Somedays I barely even eat many at all. I'm trying to watch sugar alcohols, too. Maybe I'm not eating enough, and since I'm exercising everyday, my body thinks I'm trying to starve it.

I don't know, but it's frustrating ...  :'(

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
I find it helps to eat lots of watery vegetables.  Sometimes keeping your carbs as low as possible means you are not eating enough vegetables.  This seems to help me.

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
I will try to eat watery vegetables!! Thanks for that idea...don't want my body to think I'm starving it...but I just gained 2 1/2 lbs. while at a youth conference this weekend...but the thing is, I took my own food and didn't eat anything that I shouldn't...it soooo frustrating!!!  >:(    I tried to exercise by walking on Friday and decided to jog a little bit and hurt my knee...guess my body wasn't quite ready for that!!! lol  Spent the weekend with ice on my knee at the youth conference...kind of a bummer...but it was still an awesome weekend!!!

Love you guys! Thanks for the encouragement...I'll never quit, no matter what!!!   ;)