Author Topic: In The Beginning...  (Read 11561 times)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: In The Beginning...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
My first couple of weeks I kept a post it note on the fridge that I would just write down my carb totals. It's not necessary but I didn't want to mess up and go over twenty. You do whatever works for you, that's what's great about FTS...it can be different for everyone.

How is your first week going?
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Check out the recipe board for Umpa's SF PB cookies.  Very good. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
I think it helps when you first start Mimzy.That way it makes it easier to learn the food counts as you write them down.Also you can see what foods work for you.What foods fill you up and what foods don't. I love flaxseed bread and i can eat 2 pieces in the morning and I am stuffed.Grandson can eat half a loaf ,lunch and 2 snacks. :D
Soon all this will be very easy for you ;)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 11:37:01 PM »
Is it necessary to measure all your food?

I made the one minute muffin and added some cinnamon, the flavor was good but it was a bit dry.  Any suggestions as to what I can do to make it moister?

Also, I am confused about eggs.  Do they have carbs in them?

Lastly, today was day 5 and I have noticed that I get dizzy when I stand up.  Any ideas as to why?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
Mimzy you are detoxing from sugar.It takes about two weeks.Once you have all the sugar out of your system you will have more energy than you know what to do with.(Dizzyness can sometimes be caused by menopause  or blood pressure too.)
Egg yolks have 1 carb each egg whites are 0.
It is not neccesary to measure just count carbs, 20 per day.If you can't eyeball it then measure.Soon all this will be second nature.
i don't make the minute muffins but if you go to that board romarc or izzet will have the answer. ;)
If I can help you any further please ask. :)

Rena

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
I put a low-carb jelly on my One-Minute Muffins, and sometimes a little margarine. That helps moisten them up. I use the same recipe to make pancakes and bread for sandwiches.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:33 AM »
Mimzy are you taking any kind of high blood pressure meds or a beta blocker? As we lose weight our blood pressure starts to slip back into normal ranges, continuing on the same doses of these drugs can actually cause low blood pressure......getting dizzy when standing is a symptom of low blood pressure. If you do take any of these drugs get with your doc for a new evaluation.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 09:54:36 PM »
Tomorrow it will be my 1 week anniversary,  I am scared to death to weigh and measure myself.  I haven't cheated ( I would only be hurting myself ) but I am afraid that I haven't lost much weight.

I have been doing something very strange this week and wondered if anyone else has had this experience.
I get up in the morning and get my grandson off to kindergarten, do my reading, and then I am so tired I sleep for another half hour to 45 minutes.  Then I get up and ride my bike 6 miles in 30 minutes, and start going like the energizer bunny.  I feel really good and my daughter said I look good that my dark circles aren't as dark.  But this extreme fatigue is weird.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:02 PM »
Tomorrow it will be my 1 week anniversary,  I am scared to death to weigh and measure myself.  I haven't cheated ( I would only be hurting myself ) but I am afraid that I haven't lost much weight.

I have been doing something very strange this week and wondered if anyone else has had this experience.
I get up in the morning and get my grandson off to kindergarten, do my reading, and then I am so tired I sleep for another half hour to 45 minutes.  Then I get up and ride my bike 6 miles in 30 minutes, and start going like the energizer bunny.  I feel really good and my daughter said I look good that my dark circles aren't as dark.  But this extreme fatigue is weird.

Hi Mimzy!  :)

Don't be scared!!!... Remember, you will be watching carbs for the rest of your life!
What you may not have lost this week will come off soon enough if you stick to the FTS rules.

New found energy is normal when you remove the sugar from your system.
In your description of a "strange" morning, I see nowhere when you took a little time to eat something.

If you deprive yourself food after you wake up, you might start out like the energizer bunny, but soon you'll run out of steam.

Our bodies NEED food for fuel.
Eating something high in protein early on in your day will get your metabolism perking and help sustain your energy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:12:05 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
I don't eat first thing in the morning because I am not hungry.  My energy is fine after that little nap, it is just the extreme need to sleep after I have only been up for 2 - 21/2 hours that is new and strange.  I have never been much of a breakfast eater and I don't like to eat right before I exercise.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
I don't eat first thing in the morning because I am not hungry.  My energy is fine after that little nap, it is just the extreme need to sleep after I have only been up for 2 - 21/2 hours that is new and strange.  I have never been much of a breakfast eater and I don't like to eat right before I exercise.

That's your choice, Mimzy... But like I said, if you run out of energy quickly and feel sleepy in the morning, you now have a clue why.
I am assuming that you are getting a "normal" night sleep (at least 7-8 hours per night).

If you do decide to eat, wait at least 30 minutes before exercise.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »
I don't eat a meal until around 11am or even noon. I will have a piece of GG and a bit of peanut butter with coffee while working the forum in the morning but my first meal doesn't get eaten until I'm hungry. As far as your needing a nap in the morning after a couple of hours being up, it's not uncommon to have restless sleep during sugar detox, you may not even realize it. This could be shortening your rem time. If your naps are working for you and you can fit them into your schedule then go with it. Your body will find it's new routines as you move forward.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word :) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Week 1 behind me, I have lost 9 pounds and 3 inches.  I am excited I did better then I thought!   :o

owensmath

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
Wow, Mimzy! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joagain

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »
WOO hoo MIMZY that is a great week !!!! Congrats ,do you feel better yet or are you having detox still ?