Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Sugar Alcohols

Sugar Alcohols vs Sweeteners

(1/3) > >>

Rena:
I'm confused about these two things. Are they the same thing?

I keep reading people say they're weight-loss slows down when they're consuming too many sugar alcohols, like in SF candies. Is there any relation to sweetners, too? Should I be concerned about both or just the alcohols?

???

mouseissue:

--- Quote from: Rena on February 27, 2011, 01:26:35 PM ---I'm confused about these two things. Are they the same thing?

I keep reading people say they're weight-loss slows down when they're consuming too many sugar alcohols, like in SF candies. Is there any relation to sweetners, too? Should I be concerned about both or just the alcohols?

???

--- End quote ---

Hi Rena!

In a word... Yes!  ;)

Sugar alcohols are sweeteners.

Rena:
Thanks, Tony. I guess that's what was confusing me because things like SF candy say "sugar alcohols" whereas things like Torani syrups don't list it as that.

Happy2bthin4me:
There is a difference: Torani uses Splenda and that doesn't contain sugar alcohols, correct me if I'm wrong...Splenda doesn't affect my blood sugar whereas sugar alcohols do. I try not to use packet or granular sweeteners either because of the added maltodextrin which has carbs/sugars in it. I like liquid drop Splenda best. I don't care for Stevia but have not tried erythritol yet, I hear its more natural so may not spike my blood sugar. I will have to try it and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

umpa:
You have to read labels on products with the Splenda label. A lot of times they add other sweeteners like malitol which causes tummy distress and can also stall weight loss because it is a sugar alcohol. I only use Zero and Xylitol which is great for your teeth.The other sweeteners give me tummy issues ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version