Author Topic: OMG!!  (Read 1626 times)

snobles

OMG!!
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
Today, while I was stocking groceries ;DI volunteer at a grocery store, and I have gone back on the reading label binge! lol...Who knew??? In Velvetta(sp?)40carbs! and in the soft drinks(which we all know are bad but, dang!)Shasta? 40 grams of carbs and same with the sugar! So that's like a double dose! and I'm NEVER eating cereal again! lol...22 grams of carbs!! One actually had 44!!! Wow...what exactally were we feeding our kids??!! Junk!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OMG!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »
I have missed you Snobles! :D

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »
I love rice.  My family loves rice!  Rice was always the side to the chicken, steak, or whatever the meal was.  I used to make rice bowls for lunch.  Some rice, some peas, bits of chicken.  OMG 49 Carbs   :o plus the peas or corn????   The thought makes me actually feel like throwing up!  I think my stomache just turned.

I can only describe how I feel after reading this book and living this lifestyle as "eyes wide open"  Recently while reading a magazine, the headline was "lose 10lbs in a week."  The diet consisted of Yogurt, Granola, toast with peanut  butter, a roll, and rice.  The only healthy thing I could see was a piece of salmon and some asparagus. 

Sugar makes you fat...I believe it!

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

snobles

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
@Umpa ;DI have missed you too!! Feels great to be on board again! lol...@ mom! I know what you mean! I was shocked at the ammount of carbs in beans! and they push the cereals for "high fiber", what about the high "carbs'? They are slowly killing the next generation!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
Have you looked at a label lately? What you find may shock you IF you know what to look for. Open the pantry and fridge, look at the labels, understand what you've been eating. These are the first steps to change.

Total carbs less any fiber listed divided by 4 will tell you how many teaspoons of sugar you eat per serving. YUK!

All roads lead to sugar!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)