Author Topic: Sweet Scottish Shortbread cookies in Bakery book  (Read 2917 times)

joagain

Sweet Scottish Shortbread cookies in Bakery book
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »
I made these this morning so Tyler can go back and forth with the brownies for breakfast .

OMG Umpa you are the BOMB !!!!!!!! they are very good !!!!

Do you use the NOW brand instead of the other because it is so low in carbs ? Bobs gonna kill me cause I keep ordering food from Netrition . LOL But he loved your Flax Brownies so maybe he is slowly coming around .

2 down out of the Bakery book bunch more to go . I would like for you to make me the cinnamon buns abd bring them to me please I dont think I can do those but they look so good !!!!

TYLER said THANK YALL !!!

joagain

Re: Sweet Scottish Shortbread cookies in Bakery book
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »
Umpa did you see this

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »
Just now Jo.I have a ear infection and i am painting my house so I am dropping in on the forum as I get a chance.These cookies are one of my favorites!Tell tyler he is welcome and remember i wrote the bakery book so that beebs or kids could cook the recipes! Maybe Tyler can bake for you! :D

joagain

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »
Yes that is the only ones I am doing now is the easy ones !  I hope your ear feels better soon earaches are just about as bad as a tooth ache

juvee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
Hi Umpa,

I made these and agree easy to make (so few ingredients).  I actually used my Kitchenaid with the dough hook - even easier!

One question I do have is how should they be stored? 

In the book you mention they become crunchier the day after they are made but I want to be sure I store them correctly.  I prefer crunchy.

I also wonder if I could add some coconut to the recipe (just to add a little variation).  I imagine some cocoa would also create chocolate shortbread.  What do you think and how much could I add to avoid spoiling the recipe?

Many thanks.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:11:54 AM »
I store them in tupperware on the counter or in fridge,but in all honesty they dont last long in my house! :D Play with the recipe and have fun!Cocoa or coconut could be added with no problem ;)

juvee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:58:30 PM »
Hi Umpa,

Thanks for your reply.  Will experiment with cocoa and/or coconut and post my results.  Such a great recipe for something so low in carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »
One of my  favorites ;)