Author Topic: Doug??? Where have my tastebuds gone?!  (Read 3632 times)

snobles

Doug??? Where have my tastebuds gone?!
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
Lol...When I went to work, I got some sugar free Werthers Originals, caramel is my biggest weakness! and they were horrible!!!! yuck!!! Tasted just like eating pure cardboard!! lol... :(Sooo...guess, I won't be tempted to eat anything sweet now huh? Yuck!!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: Doug??? Where have my tastebuds gone?!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
LOL, amazing how things change :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
The tastebuds definitely go through a change as you get sugar out of your system. I remember that all flavors of diet soda used to taste exactly the same to me when I was a sugarholic..same exact flavor, couldn't judge the difference between orange or cola. After sugar detox was over all that changed.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »
@ Doug, one good thing about detox, makes you more aware of stuff that has sugar in it! Tastebuds don't lie! Labels may try to hide it from you, but your tastebuds don't lie! lol...

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
One of my favorite foods used to be cheese and crackers with a nice bottle of Chianti (of course). 
I would love to eat the Pepperidge Farm Wheat Crackers with cheese.  I had one last night and I couldn't believe how sweet it tasted.  I never noticed it before, but I sure noticed it now!

I had a moment of weakness (but I only had one...no harm done), but it tasted SO SWEET!
 I hated it!
But I love that I hated it! :D

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »
There are a few cracker recipes here.  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=30.0  Make some to have on hand so you are not tempted to eat the other crackers.

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Have you tried, "Just the Cheese" snacks? They are great! You can buy them in 1/2 oz bags which makes them 1 carb per serving in a bag. I found them on amazon.com

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
@ Doug, one good thing about detox, makes you more aware of stuff that has sugar in it! Tastebuds don't lie! Labels may try to hide it from you, but your tastebuds don't lie! lol...

You're absolutely right about that!!!

I can tell by the second bite on something high carb.
It's like my tough saying "Ugh!... What the heck is this?".  :o
What you do today is what matters!

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
Things that never seemed sweet before are now intolerably sweet. A friend who joins us for festive dinners always brings a salad she makes of raw broccoli, tiny cubes of cheese, chopped up bacon and green onion. We always look forward to it and enjoy it. This year at Christmas dinner I couldn't eat it, it just seemed sickeningly sweet. I didn't mention it to her, but I guess that there is sugar in the dressing she makes and I couldn't enjoy it anymore. On the upside, I didn't miss it because I don't crave sweets now.  :)

snobles

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »
@ Downeast, I know the feeling! Ever since I started just drinking water, I noticed my tastebuds went into a frenzy! I was like, what the heck? All that change, just from drinking water? Thanks Doug! (sarcasim:-)!! No more sweets for me, they actually taste nasty now! lol...

snobles

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
@ Mouseissue, I know what you mean! It has taken some getting used to though! Although I definatley still read the labels, cause I don't want that taste! Yuck!! lol...

owensmath

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
My tastebuds have become pickier! I recently took a bite of some fried Chinese food I used to love and had to spit it out. It was nasty and I couldn't believe I used to crave it and love it. I had the response I hoped for.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
My tastebuds have become pickier! I recently took a bite of some fried Chinese food I used to love and had to spit it out. It was nasty and I couldn't believe I used to crave it and love it. I had the response I hoped for.

Living FTS for the rest of our lives should be something that's not only easy... but preferable to us!
Unlike diets we've done before, staying skinny for a lifetime with FTS will be no big deal.  ;)

Owensmath, your experience provides inspiration to us all!!!  :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!