Author Topic: Article this is the same as Tylers Doc ! CRAZY  (Read 1513 times)

Rena

Re: Article this is the same as Tylers Doc ! CRAZY
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
Interesting article -- and comments.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »
Its very sad that the docs & dietitians or telling people to eat more carbs , then they just  need more insulin .

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
I find this sad too!  :(

So many doctors and dietitians suggest eating carbs for patients with insulin resistance problems, it's ridiculous!
My doctor was one of them... Until he saw what FTS has been doing for me.
He would not believe me until he recently saw my blood test results... Then he became a believer!!!

This really does perplex me to no end.
All doctors (M.D.s) are trained in the basics of digestion and metabolism.
It's long been known that a net carb from any source, be it a slice of bread or a candy bar, will partially metabolize into glucose in the small intestine... Our bodies just can't tell the difference!
And for people with  insulin resistance problems, repeated "flooding" of glucose eventually results in type II diabetes.

Our society is sick in so many ways due to the worship of the dollar and power over others at the expense of EVERYONE!
But I don't understand how so many docs forget their med school basic training!!! :-\
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
Tony I do agree that in the end it is all about the dollar .
 We have the children going to the clinic where Tyler goes being told to eat 75 carbs a meal with 2-3 snacks of 15 grams . Most of them are the overweight type 2 children that can all be ended with just low carb .
 The parents like I did 5 years ago believe that the doctors have your childs best interest ,& so you do what they tell you . I took his carbs down to 45 a meal myself because I thought it was just too much food ,he was gaining weight . Not knowing it was the carbs ,

BUT WE DO NOW !!! He will always have to take his shots but he has cut his insulin in half!!