Poll

Trying to eat NO carbs... not losing weight... body seems slimmer

Suggestions
0 (0%)
Comments
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Not losing weight  (Read 10697 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Not losing weight
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
I run up and down stairs at work all the time. That's my exercise lol! Wont catch me in a gym!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
You can totally do it! If I can do it anyone can and I can't exercise due to an ankle issue. Also I think I'm pretty much in love with Reddi-Whip and I am still losing 5-6 pounds a week. Hang in there and it will all come off.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 07:11:11 PM »
Hi sherripie! :)

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 08:26:41 AM »
5 to 6 ponds a week..thats great!!  For the past 5 weeks I've only lost 14 pounds and my hubby is down 28 pounds....sigh.  I'm trying to stay positive...but men are so lucky.

Jenn

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Tortoise and the Hare :)
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 08:51:11 AM »
Tortoise and the Hare :)

Hi Jenn, next time you're in a grocery store go over to the freezer section and pick up a 14 pound turkey.....carry it around for 5 minutes and realize how much good you've done for your body, heart, lungs and knees. Did you know for every 1 pound you lose you take 4 pounds of pressure off your knees!

I'm certain the turkey experiment will stick with you and this "trying to stay positive" thing will never haunt you again. Stay the course and don't race against hubby, you can't win that race but you'll absolutely make it to the finish line.....
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
Im not gonna find a 27 lb. turkey no thx lol!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Hi Umpa!! I finally found soy flour today at the organic market, I am so excited to start trying all these recipes.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
If I can help let me know Sherripie!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »
Well, lets chat about it. If you're eating because you're hungry it's different from eating because your bored. I mean true hunger, your belly growls and you recognize you actually need food. Be honest now because eating for any other reason is the same as putting fuel in your car when the tank is already full. The extra gas needs to go somewhere.  For me the "chewing problem" was resolved with sugar free gum and a big glass of water. Now if it is true hunger I've given you several snack trays in the recipe section of the book with more in the Cookbook. Veggie trays are one of the options and yes cauliflower is a great low sugar snack and fills you up quickly.

I also want you to think about tea. Sherri unwinds at night with a pot of hot tea. Celestial Seasonings have so many different flavors and many don't even require sweetener. Sleepytime is one of her favorites, no caffeine and very relaxing. The tea is hot so you drink it slowly helping with the hand to mouth habit, the liquid is filling so you have a good full feeling and the tea itself is a natural relaxant. You can carry tea bags with you on the road as well. Most of us who battle weight gain have some form of obsessive personalities, becoming obsessive with teas won't hurt you and it will be fun. Try to stay away from teas requiring sweeteners until we get a handle on your [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].

Don't worry together we'll find the plug and pull it!

This is an old thread but a FABULOUS IDEA!!! It bears resurrecting to see the light of day again.

Doug, I've been thinking about tea a lot lately and you've given me excellent reasons to start this habit again. I have a problem eating at night (due to anxiety) and this is the perfect solution. LOVE IT!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
I love Teas! I mix my own blends now.My favorite is a blend of chamomile ,peppermint,lemon balm and passionflower. I call it my calming blend. ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
My favorite is a blend of chamomile ,peppermint,lemon balm and passionflower.

I'm calming down just reading that...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 08:56:14 AM »
I am training to be a herbalist.Have  had a interest since I was a kid.  ;) I am replanting my property in North Carolina this year with all the herbs I use everyday.Its gonna be fun! :)

Amandacheryl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
Wow! Tea! That's a great idea and yet it seems so obvious. Is there any limit on the amount of tea I should drink per day? Or is it a no holds barred kind on thing? Black tea is my favorite but I think I may just have to drink that during the day and move onto something more calming at night :). AWESOME thread!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:28 PM »
My favorite tea is Earl Grey, but Jasmine runs a close second.

shawn116

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
Wow! Tea! That's a great idea and yet it seems so obvious. Is there any limit on the amount of tea I should drink per day? Or is it a no holds barred kind on thing? Black tea is my favorite but I think I may just have to drink that during the day and move onto something more calming at night . AWESOME thread!

Just watch what you put in it if anything at all  ;)  I love the herb teas in the evening  ;D