Author Topic: depressed  (Read 17833 times)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
depressed
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »
i have been depressed about my weight loss and i read everything you all write but still not happy.

anyway here is todays eating so far let me know what you all think please

atkins bar  3 carbs

eggs and bacon  0 carbs

walnuts  2 carbs

strawberries and blackberries mixed averaged to 5 carbs, was not 1 cup but over 1/2 cup
truvia 3 carbs

that is 13 so far

tonight we are going to american legion to eat and they are having pork loin rice and steamed veggies and i was going to leave the rice off

denise

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: depressed
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
also have drank 2 glasses of water so far

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:16:58 PM »
Hi Denise! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you still fell depressed and not happy with your progress despite reading what we've told you.

I've read those posts too and all I can say is it is your choice to feel poorly about your progress,
or have faith that you will soon see a weight change downward on your scale.

I was stalled over three weeks and only this morning the scale moved down 0.6 pounds.
But I've also lost some fractional inches here and there.
I DID NOT allow the scale to deter me one little bit.

DO NOT let the scale dictate how you feel!!!
That number represents only one of many changes happening in your body (assuming you're following all the FTS rules).

And always remember...
We have no choice as to what life may dish out.
But WE DO have a choice in how we respond.  :)
What you do today is what matters!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »
Im depressed too...........

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
Denise you have to eat a balanced meal you are not eating right . Leave the bars off and get most of your carbs from veggies. Meat and veggies needs to be what you eat most . The atkins bars are to high in sugar alcohol they will make your sugar rise as they do my diabetic son . They also have to burn off before your fat does . You can do better then the meal plan you have here , hope you feel better

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:45 AM »
well for 1 i am going to take the scales out of the house so i will stop weighing every day.

and 2 i usually do eat alot of veggies but man i need to get something else in their once in a while otherwise i will get burnt out.  I understand what you say about the sugar alcohol but i guesss i dont understand what is the point of counting carbs then?  I stay under my carbs.

and 3 if someone could give me a general meal plan i would appreciate it.  i have always had trouble planning my meals.  i have veggies cut up in the refrig, i have meats, i bought the fruit.  i am drinking the water......very confused.

thanks,
denise

joagain

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:49:55 AM »
go to the main page and go to mealplans and you will get a idea yesterday i had

breakfast
coffee                                           2
2meat & cheese stick rolled up            1
GG crispbread with pb and sf honey just a little  2

early supper
fried chicken fts of course
mashed cauli                        3
gravy                                   3
1 carb brownie                        1

i drink 64-80 ozs of water a day

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »
i would get rid of the atkins bar & the fruit.....and go with eggs with bacon or sausage for breakfast....some sort of meat & cheese roll ups like jo said for lunch, and a small salad with chicken or beef for dinner,and maybe some nogurt for your sweet tooth:) and take a walk to help with your mental state of mind....obsessing over it wont help one single bit & even if you get rid of your scale it wont make you lose weight any faster:(  stop thinking about food,its not the end all be all,we spend way too much time on that subject.....hello...its how we got here ,by our food addictions......good luck:)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
... and 2 i usually do eat alot of veggies but man i need to get something else in their once in a while otherwise i will get burnt out.  I understand what you say about the sugar alcohol but i guesss i dont understand what is the point of counting carbs then?  I stay under my carbs. ...

thanks,
denise

Hi Denise! :)

Sugar alcohols are burned BEFORE any fat gets burned.
If you eat them too often, your body will seldom have the chance to go into the ketosis (fat burning) state.
That's just how our metabolisms work.

Reread Doug's little yellow book.
Foods with sugar alcohols are fine for OCCASSIONAL treats... NOT as staples!

The point of counting carbs is self-evident and self-justifying.
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
If you eat a orange it is under the carbs but you are not going to feel full you will always be looking for something else to eat . For less then the carbs in a orange  (15-20) you could eat a whole bag of cauliflower (10 carbs ) which would make you fuller of course the cauliflower probably could not even eat that much cauliflower plus the orange will just get your sugar cravings going .

I am not sure when you started but feeling down was some /part of my detox .  Heck we lost or best friend or what we thought was our best friend . You need to get thru detox all the way before eating all the sweet suff ,just my 2 cents . But if you drag detox on for months it is going to be difficult for you !!!

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:30 AM »
thank you everyone for the advise.  today is day 14 and i dont have any scales in the house to weigh and gosh i want to so bad though....lol....be strong denise

i am going to do better, thanks all

denise

Rena

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »
Good luck, Denise!

I really like the chocolate peanut butter Atkins bars, but I've found they're probably stalling me, too. I'm trying to eat them only occasionally and see how that works out. But somedays, I just need something like that. Good luck, again.

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
thank you rena, i appreciate that.

how long have you been on program to lose the weight you've lost?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 08:30:59 AM »
I don't trust any of the Atkins bar products. Look at the nutritional label and report back on the carb count. Here's the bottom line....no sugar coating..... you have a very low tolerance to sugar and carbs just like many of us. I remember when one of our members Doreen Bar was going through her stalls and plateaus. Click here to see the advice I gave her-   http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=859.0
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:40:28 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »
Im depressed too...........

Are you okay, Beebs?