Author Topic: checking in  (Read 3056 times)

diamonddaddy

• View Profile
checking in
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
Hello all!!

I'm nearly at the end of my third week of lifestyle change. Did experience some dizziness and cravings the first ten days or so. That has all passed and I'm feeling good. Down about 15 lbs., and feeling GREAT!! BP is also down a fair amount, as well. I know that is pretty rapid weight loss, but am quite active, biking 6 miles a day, and trying to walk another 2, most days.

Thank you all for the support and good wishes. It's nice to know help and support is just a mouse click away!!

Will have blood work in 2 weeks and am anxious to see the numbers.

Thanks to you all who have responded to my previous posts.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: checking in
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:33:15 AM »
Hi diamonddaddy!  :)

Sounds like your past "sugar detox"... HOORAY!!! :) :) :)

From here on out, it only gets better!!!
Enjoy the ride!... You're starting to feel what it's like to have good health again!

Just stick to the FTS rules, and you'll have a new lease on life! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:43 AM »
That's great Diamonddaddy.  Just the first couple of weeks are a quick weight loss, after that it will slow down to a nice [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] pace.  Good luck with your bloodwork!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:26:58 AM by ShihTzuMom1 »

joagain

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
Congrats!!!

Rena

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Congrats and good luck with your blood work.

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
Glad to know the dizziness is normal!  Only had a little but it was a bit disconcerting.  Are headaches normal during the first couple weeks?  I've been getting one almost every day, not bad, just kinda there.  I can't possibly be dehydrated I'm drinking enough to keep a large fish afloat!  Thanks! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 03:23:17 PM »
Glad to know the dizziness is normal!  Only had a little but it was a bit disconcerting.  Are headaches normal during the first couple weeks?  I've been getting one almost every day, not bad, just kinda there.  I can't possibly be dehydrated I'm drinking enough to keep a large fish afloat!  Thanks! ;D

Hi Jen! :)

Headaches are VERY common during sugar detox.
I'm glad to hear that yours is mild and that you are drinking lots of water.

Water really does help.
Also, drinking a glass of very cold (ice) water when you think your hungry is a good way to find out if what you're feeling is REAL hunger or something else.
What you do today is what matters!

diamonddaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »

Hi Jen! :)

Headaches are VERY common during sugar detox.
I'm glad to hear that yours is mild and that you are drinking lots of water.

Water really does help.
Also, drinking a glass of very cold (ice) water when you think your hungry is a good way to find out if what you're feeling is REAL hunger or something else.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
Welcome diamonddaddy! if i can help you please ask,I am umpa ,dougs wife .I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Once detox is  over you will have more energy than you know what to do with! :)