Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3979 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi all
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Its been a long time since I posted.  I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 14 lbs since Feb.. I have been slowly losing and I am ok with that.. I started cutting the fat too and lost even more and quicker by doing so..

Anywho, with school, work, kids and now having to deal with my ex in the courts, its being pretty stressful, but doing well as far as not craving....

Hope everyone is doing well and always thinking of you guys... :D
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »
Well, Hi Alex! :) :) :)

I was wondering what happened to you.
It's nice to hear that you have been able to maintain the FTS lifestyle despite the turmoil in your life right now.
KUDOS TO YOU!!! ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to hear that you are going through a divorce.
Been there!... Done that!... NO FUN!!!
I understand the stress you're feeling.
You have a LOT on your plate right now.

I pray you guys can insulate the kids from it as much as possible.
My ex and I did manage to do that. Thank God!

Please never hesitate to to come to your friends here for support.
As always, we're here for you! :) :) :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:26:08 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
I ditto Tony on that one Alex.....we're always here for you :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the Kudos.. I am sorry that I didnt specify.. I am not going through a divorce, I am married to a wonderful guy.. My ex husband who I have a 16 1/2 yr old, with has been giving me grief for almost 2 yrs now, but it has escalated to the point that I have had to go to the courts and request an emergency suspension of visition and a modification of our final judgement.. Im at awe cause she will be 18 next yr.. Also, he has been putting his parents and family thru so much drama because of his wife....Its just really bad.....

I have been divorce for over 11 yrs from this guy... On a great note, I celebrate 6 yrs of wonderful marriage bliss on 4/10....

Doug,  I wish you could meet my endrocrologist, he reminded me of you in the sense of how he views sugars....  I am excited though because he is going to start me on Victoza (its a med for type 2) and it has had great results and also assist with the weight loss..

xoxoxoxoxo to all, again, you are all in heart and thoughts all the time. 
Alex

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
Hey there Alex, good to hear from you.  We all hope the best for you and your family!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:11:03 AM by ShihTzuMom1 »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
FDA's Victoza Decision
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »
The FDA approved Victoza based on five clinical trials involving more than 3,900 people. In those trials, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) occurred more often in patients who took Victoza than in patients taking other diabetes medicines.

The FDA states that Victoza should be stopped if patients experience severe abdominal pain, with or without nausea and vomiting, and should not be restarted if blood tests confirm that they have pancreatitis. Victoza should be used with caution in people with a history of pancreatitis, according to the FDA.

The most common side effects observed with Victoza in the clinical trials were headache, nausea, and diarrhea. Other side effects included allergic-like reactions such as hives.

In its clinical trials, Victoza was not linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular events -- including heart attack, stroke, and death caused by heart disease -- in people who were mainly at low risk for such events. In keeping with FDA policy, Victoza will be studied further to check its cardiovascular safety in higher-risk groups.

Other postmarketing studies will evaluate the risk of thyroid cancer and other cancer risks, as well as the risks of seriously low blood glucose levels (hypoglycemia), pancreatitis, and allergic reactions.

The FDA notes that in animal studies, Victoza caused tumors of the thyroid gland in rats and mice. Some of those tumors were cancers, which were more likely in rats that got doses of Victoza that were eight times higher than what people would receive.

It's not known if Victoza could cause thyroid tumors or a very rare type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid cancer in people. For that reason, the FDA says Victoza should not be used as the first treatment for diabetes until more studies are done.

Victoza should not be used in people who are already at risk for medullary thyroid cancer, such as those who have medullary thyroid cancer in the family, or those with a rare genetic condition called multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2.

Victoza has a risk evaluation and mitigation strategy to help patients and health-care providers understand the drug's risks and to ensure that the drug's benefits outweigh the risk of acute pancreatitis and the potential risk of medullary thyroid cancer.

Victoza is made by the drug company Novo Nordisk. The launch price of the 1.2-milligram dose will be $8.03 a day.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
soooo.... i am guessing that you think that there are better options than victoza???? like maybe giving FTS a wholehearted effort and letting the body cure itself naturally????? cause it seems like just about any med that they pull out of the hat today has so many damn side affects, up to and including death,i wonder to myself how could anyone even consider these options after just hearing the possible end results??? i am 100 % sure that i would rather do it naturally than with something that has been engineered to kill me:(

joagain

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
All about the money instead of low/no carbs !! >:( >:(

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Welcome back Alex :)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
Thanks Doug.. I did read up on the side effects...I take metformin and its just so harsh with some similiar side effects.. Victoza has helped lower the AIC in many patients and I really need that.. I know that it will be a short term use only since I am losing weight.. It has been slower for me  but nevertheless,  I am losing...

My cholestrol is amazing..106...everything has gone down and even my glucose but still too high, so I am going to give a try...

I respect and understand those who may not think this is a good choice, but I feel it is at this time..

Thanks all...

Alex

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
Hi again Alex! :)

When I last saw my doc (on 03/08/2011) and was found to no longer be type II diabetic, he took me off my blood sugar med (Metformin).
I told him my goal was to not only lose the rest of my excess weight, but to also rid myself of the rest of my meds.
He said it was quite probable I would be med-free at that time... Needless to say I'm excited about that!!! ;D ;D ;D

In further conversation about meds, he told me ALL prescription meds have side effects.
It's the doctor's discretion that dictates which is worse, the ailment or potential drug side effects.
That is one of the reasons why a prescription is required to obtain them.

He was very pleased that FTS has brought about such an improvement in my health.

You too might be freed of prescription meds... Go for it!!!
Getting rid of them may save your liver, kidneys, etc. particularly as you get older.
Add this to the reasons why you will succeed at the FTS lifestyle!... I DID!!! ;) ;) ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
Congrats on your weight loss, Alex! :)

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 03:07:18 PM »
Alex, my doctor put me on Onglyza in January after an allergic reaction to Metformin.

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
Glad you're back Alex!  Keep on keeping on and you will be just fine.  I worked in pharmacy for 8&1/2 years before switching careers, and yes every single medication on the market has side effects, some mild some severe.  It is absolutely a personal decision to weight risks vs benefits and make a choice that is right for you.  Obviously you are planning on this being short term to simply keep your blood sugar controlled until you reach the point of your body being able to do it yourself.  Bravo to you for looking ahead to the time when you won't need ANY of those nasty meds anymore!   :)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »
Hi all,

Oh yes, my Rx are only going to be short term..I hope to be off them very soon.. My sugar levels were high with my last AIC and I need that extra help until my body does it on its own... I prefer the natural course, but sometimes you have to get that assistance until you can.. I got super scare because I stop taking my Metformin when I started back in Jan and that was a huge NO NO and I saw the consequences.. I thought just doing it naturally by reducing the carbs would be good enough and it wasnt..

So with that said, I have to take caution and until the Dr tells me its ok this time, I wont stop taking them..

I wish you all an awesome night.. Jen, I am glad that youre enjoying this journey..  

PS I may not be on all the time due to work, school and family life, but I am here...  xoxox to all
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:23:05 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex