Author Topic: Temptations  (Read 8173 times)

skychant

• View Profile
Temptations
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has passed up any temptations lately.  Today I passed up chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream.  I went to the kitchen and fixed me a bowl of lime SF jello instead with rediwhip on top.  I am excited to see if the scale goes down in the morning.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Temptations
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
Great Skychant!  Doesn't it feel GREAT to have victories like that!  Just yesterday, there were 6 of us from my office in a van coming back from an out of town funeral.  We had already had lunch, but when we passed the "Krispy Kreme" shop, the HOT sign was on.  The lady driving wheeled right into the drive thru and ordered a dozen HOT doughnuts for everyone.  They smelled heavenly as they passed them around, but I passed them on by!   I was SO proud of myself....   ;D     Not sure where everyone lives, but any of you who know about HOT KRISPY KREMES.....you know the significance of this little story!   ha ha   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
Last night, my daughter came home from her job at Pizza Hut.
She had a large pizza with all the fixins.

Although it smelled good, since my body can remember how lousy it felt after eating starch, the temptation was easy to overcome.

Thank God for FTS!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »
Jan I know krispy kreme well I sat in the car while my sister scarfed down a couple . I have been around people eating crap all the time I am strong now have no cravings !!  Thanks FTS !

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
I endured everyone eating rocky road ice cream in big waffle cones while I was on vacation. :o

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
oh yes, almost everyday I am faced with a temptation.. The bloodwork has been a huge helper as well in reminding where I dont need to go..
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
I am so proud of all of you! ;D Just remember Detox Sucks! :D

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
I feel ya!  Last night we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Have you ever had their rolls?!  Sweet white bread rolls with cinnamon butter...ugh.  So I had a small steak with a salad (no croutons) and broccoli - NO rolls.  Then my husband picks one up and just mows it down.  I held the course.  But to give you an idea of what a carb freak I am/was, I could tell you what kind of bread just about every restaurant in town gives you with your meal!  Good on all of us for staying strong!

joagain

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
Jen I am laughing right now when I read your post me & hubby use to fight over how many rolls each had ! LOL I remeber one day when it happen I said this is really sad isnt he said yes it  is  :P :P

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
It is nice to know that I am not the only one that has to avoid temptations of foods that I used to eat alot of before this lifestyle. 
I am proud of everyone staying the course.  There are plenty of great alternatives on FTS. 
I am from North Carolina so I am very familiar with Krispy Kreme.  They have excellent coffee.  I used to be fond of their Devils Food Cake donuts.  The pizza hut pizza would have killed me.  I would have picked the cheese and toppings off of a slice.
I was happy to find that I was down a pound this morning.  I want to keep going down. I hope that everyone else does too.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
Skychant try the doughnuts in the bakery book,they will make you very happy! ;)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 01:27:25 PM »
My daughter also works for a pizza joint and comes home with Pizza once in a while after work.  (I wish she wouldn't do that, for my sake and for hers)! 

It smelled so yummy!   So I made myself a chicken bbq pizza with a tortilla (3g) and a little chicken and Walden Farms BBq Sauce (0g). 

The next day...she asked me to make her one!   She loved it.   It's a start, but you know these teenagers!  They love their pizza and fries, etc. 

T

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Baby steps with the teenagers momx04 LOL

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
You are so right, Jo...baby steps.  And I have 3 teenagers...16, 15 and a newbie at 13...my baby is 10.     :)

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
After awhile they aren't really temptations, it's not that things don't sound good you just don't feel like you "have" to have it. ;D