Author Topic: Back to the basics experiment...  (Read 5937 times)

Rena

Re: Back to the basics experiment...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
I didn't keep track of calories either, especially when starting FTS. I normally don't go over my 20 carbs, but for whatever reason, I stopped losing weight last month. So now I just watch them now and see where I'm at. I was a little shocked the first day I used Fat Secret to see how many calories I did eat. To me, and I've said this before, calories & portion control are the same. My biggest problem, I think, has been cheese. It might be carb-free, but if I eat too much, I don't lose weight. Or as Doug and everyone else says, "Fuel In, Fuel Out!" So, that is what I mean by watching the calories. But since I stalled so bad, I needed to see what was up. And the fact that one day over half of my food intake was fat, well, that's not good no matter how you look at it.

That's odd about your scale, but I've had that happen to me, too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:27:03 PM by Rena »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
... Funny thing happened with the scale this morning...I was down 5lbs (since yesterday :-\), I was in disbelief so I stepped on it three more times!   Wouldn't you know, it read down 5 lbs three times in  a row...the fourth got me back to where I was yesterday!     I should have stuck with the first weigh in.  I hate my scale.  ! 

However, I got my first round of compliments over the weekend.  I have actually lost 40lbs. altogether (the 17 on the ticker is just the FTS [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] since Feb. 13), so I'm looking pretty good and people are starting to notice!

Theresa

Hi Theresa! :)

Sounds like you have a very unreliable scale. That is not uncommon with consumer grade models.

So, don't worry about what the scale says.
Others noticing is the best testament that you are losing weight.
Just stay the course and you will get where you want to be. ;)

What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
Congrats momx04 I say 3 times is right LOL you just should not have got on it the 4th time  ;D ;D

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »
It was just to good to be true...but what if I'd I jumped for joy at the 5lb loss just to see it back because of my unreliable scale.  I would have drown my misery in a pint of Ben & Jerrys.  ;D. Besides. I feel great.  It keeps me going and not giving up. 
I will share a funny story...I was crossing the street with my arms full of bundles heading for my car and I could feel my jeans slipping off me... :o. Seriously falling off me with each step I took, but I couldn't hold them up  because my arms were full.   
It really was funny.  I cannot wear those jeans anymore!  Yay me!

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
Yes Yeah YOU !!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
...I was crossing the street with my arms full of bundles heading for my car and I could feel my jeans slipping off me... :o. Seriously falling off me with each step I took, but I couldn't hold them up  because my arms were full.   
It really was funny.  I cannot wear those jeans anymore!  Yay me!

Hi Theresa! :)

I had a similar experience when I was out to feeding our animals.

One rainy morning not long ago, I had a bale of hay in one hand and a scoop of grain in the other for my wife's horse. As I was walking from the barn to the pasture, my jeans started slipping off. Since the ground was muddy where it was happening, I did not want to set the food down. So I continued to walk. By the time I got to the pasture's covered feeding area, my jeans were around my ankles.

As I was walking back to the house, a neighbor drove down our gravel road and saw me in those wet muddy jeans.
Although she waved politely, I could tell by the expression on her face she noticed my jeans' condition.
It was quite embarrassing. ::)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
I would take the embarrassment of my pants falling down over them splitting anyday!   ;D

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »
I would take the embarrassment of my pants falling down over them splitting anyday!   ;D

Amen, Theresa!... Amen! ;)
Been there... Done that!!! ::)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
LOL!  Too funny all of you!  And yet, however embarassing.... you are still thinking WOOHOO!!!!

Rena

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
LOL @ all the pants-falling-down stories. That's been happening to me too, which is a good thing. I'm constantly asking my husband to poke new holes in my belts.

I tried on 2 of my old jeans today and got them both on. I haven't worn them in ELEVEN years! They're still too tight, but I got them up, buttoned, and zipped!  ;D