Author Topic: Back to the basics experiment...  (Read 5805 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Back to the basics experiment...
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
My weight loss had slowed WAY down.  On April 1st I decided to go back to the basics of FTS.  So this week I cut my portions in half, only ate when I was hungry, left off the SF Russell stovers candy, and stopped the BIG servings of whipped cream.    As of this morning I am down 3 more pounds!  I am excited all over again like I was when I first started FTS!!   Doug definitely KNOWS what he's talking about.

Thanks to Sherripie for the encouragement this week!!  ;) 

Rena

Re: Back to the basics experiment...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
Good for you!

I'm doing the same thing because I've been stalled for a month. I'm tracking everything I eat, which is something Rick's been telling me to do for months. Turns out, I think I was eating too much, but mostly for dinner because breakfast & lunch aren't a problem. I also think my calories & fat were too high, although I know people don't generally pay attention to those on FTS. I guess I have to. But, I lost nearly 2 pounds since yesterday, so it seems to be working out.

Good luck to you!

BTW, I had to stop buying the whipped cream. It was too tempting to have around.  :-\

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
Congrats to you this week Rena!  I know now that I had been eating too much.  I had also been getting out of hand with the whipped cream.  lol   

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:36:05 PM »
WTG ladies!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Hi Maddysmom! :)

Back To The Basics...

When weight loss is not happening, as you've learned, go back to the basics.

Forgetting about them by eating too much, allowing "Carb Creep" to take hold, and generally not following the rules is very easy to do.
It's human nature to get lazy about things.

Rereading Doug's book is also VERY helpful at getting us back on track! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »
I did the same thing early this month and the scale has begun moving again. 

It is true, you get excited all over again! 

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
Go Jan , Yes I had to quit the whip cream awhile back . LOL Good luck everyone !

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
I am so glad it's working! Sometimes you just gotta dig in and start over. You are going be the tall, skinny woman you wanna be sooner than you think! :)

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »
Okay ladies, after reading these posts I get the message loud and clear.  I have to write everything down again. ::)  :) :) :)

Rena

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
I'm using MyFatSecret to track my food intake. It's an eye opener.  :o

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
What is MyFatSecret?

Rena

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »
What is MyFatSecret?

It's an online weight-loss community. A lot of it is the same as this board with support and such, but I'm using it only to keep track of my food, exercise, and weight. I don't post there or do anything public.

http://www.fatsecret.com/

I guess it's called Fat Secret -- I always see the "My" part of my profile and think it's the actual name.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:19:36 PM by Rena »

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »
Rena,
I love Fat Secret.  I  have it as an app on my phone.  I can plug in any food and it will break it down any way I like.  I have it set for Protein and Carbs for now.  It is a great tool. 

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Rena

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »
Rena,
I love Fat Secret.  I  have it as an app on my phone.  I can plug in any food and it will break it down any way I like.  I have it set for Protein and Carbs for now.  It is a great tool. 

Rick uses it, too. He's been using it since starting FTS and has always nagged at me to go on it. I had been doing okay without it, so I figured I was okay. Then I just stalled in March and didn't lose anything, so I figured I needed to track and see what I was doing. The first day I went on it, I noticed my fat intake was something crazy like 65% -- ACK! I had bacon twice that day, but still. The next day I was able to switch that around and had 50% protein instead. I love the circle graph that shows you how much fat, protein, and carbs you're eating. Rick loves being able to scan a food with his iPhone and have all the data go into the program. That's cool rather than having to type it all in, which I've done a few times.

So far -- it's really helping me. I'm losing again! I was over my ticker a bit, but I'm hoping I can change it tomorrow!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:21:45 PM »
The scanning is the best!  I don't track fat or calories on it anymore...not on FTS. 

Just the carbs because I tend to go over them without knowing.  I haven't counted or tracked calories since I started (Feb. 13th), and I am still losing...I don't know what my calorie intake is.  (I try not to think about that.  :o)  But I have been doing this for 2 months and I am almost at 20lbs.  I can not be unhappy with that.

Funny thing happened with the scale this morning...I was down 5lbs (since yesterday :-\), I was in disbelief so I stepped on it three more times!   Wouldn't you know, it read down 5 lbs three times in  a row...the fourth got me back to where I was yesterday!     I should have stuck with the first weigh in.  I hate my scale.  ! 

However, I got my first round of compliments over the weekend.  I have actually lost 40lbs. altogether (the 17 on the ticker is just the FTS weight loss since Feb. 13), so I'm looking pretty good and people are starting to notice!

Theresa

~ Dr. Suess