Author Topic: Holy batflaps AGH!  (Read 23160 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Holy batflaps AGH!
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »
So, really, I am loving losing weight...(stuck on a plateau..grr) and I am looking GREAT in my jeans...but what the heck do you do about all the loose skin??? It is EVERYWHERE! I have batflaps on my arms, belly and worst of all my thighs..it looks awful and I am mortified over it.

We have a free natural hotsprings here that I adore..but everytime I think of putting on that swimsuit..I see the skin on my thighs roll around and blech! I end up just sitting on the side and watching eveyone else.

There are really cute tops and dresses I would love to wear, but that dern skin on the bottom of my arms kills me, I have sooo much! 

Am sure I am probably being too self concious..but really..is there anything outside of surgery to fix it..even a little? Or am I destined to wear only capris and t-shirts the rest of my life for summer?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Holy batflaps AGH!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
Hi Renae! :)

Water is the best natural way of helping skin keep it's elasticity (especially during weight loss).
It will help reduce this problem during future loss.
Drink at least 64 oz. of PLAIN water EVERY day.

Short of surgery, I am unaware of anything that will remove loose skin.
My wife is considering surgery for the loose skin under her arms from her weight loss.

If anyone else out there knows of something else that works, please chime in!
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »
Doug says that the loose skin is the spoils of war not much we can do about it . I have not been in a bathing suit in 13 years so I guess I will probably not get in one again .

zombiegirl74 I feel just like you . Have you exercised since you were losing I know that we can feel some of the loose skin with muscle if we work out hard but will still be left with cellulite & some skin like Tony said we just got to deal with I do believe .

MOre important to me is how I feel and how I look and feel in my clothes ! Only 1 person would ever see me naked and he loves me fat so  ;) unless I was in the hospital  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »
I understand and I feel for you. The guys have it a bit more easy because we can work out and fill the "new bag" with muscle. Ladies can too I suppose but big muscles on a chick,  YUK!

Stretched skin is just that stretched skin. It happens regardless of what is stretching it, muscles or fat. ( see Arnie below) Unfortunately when the elasticity point is reached and breaks we're stuck with the result. Surgery is always an option but don't make that choice easily, give it lots of thought. Surgery is surgery even when they call it minor.....it's major. 

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:28:15 AM »
Hi! In response to the comment on the hanging skin. There's only 2 choices, excersize or surgery. But excersize will only go so far. That's why I try to excersize as I go.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
Doug is absolutely correct!!!

Anytime a doctor cuts into your body, it's a big deal!
One mistake, and you may suffer dire consequences!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
In the past, I've lost a lot of weight without exercising and had flabby skin to go with it. This time I've been exercising regularly and it's made a huge difference. Good luck and don't let a little skin discourage you from going out and having fun. Being healthy is what really matters. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »
Think I should get my arms done?????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rena

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
LOL Umpa! Those are funny looking critters. We have them where I live and I've seen them a few times at night. They have the weirdest eyes. Great flaps for gliding though!  :D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:07:41 AM »
Giggle....

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
 :D :D :D :D

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:59:48 AM »
AHHHH! That is SO funny Umpa! I have actually joked about being the world's largest flying squirrel...able to glide in one giant leap bwahahahaha

On a more serious note...to answer a couple of you on here:
On the first half of my weight loss journey, I did not excersize. (shame on me, because I bought an eliptical, and never got it out of the box!)  It came off so fast!
This second leg however, my eliptical is up and running so to speak, and I have dusted off an old flame of mine...my bicycle! Actually, I traded my old one in for a new one. Me and one of my dog went for a ride the other day, and he was sooo happy, so was I!
It's definatley a lot easier to get twenty minutes in on that than my elipticle, but am still using the elipticle on cold days...spring isn't quite set in here in good ol' Wyoming ;) Not up to every day yet, I have to ease my lungs into the extra work, but we are making progress.
I am still trying to drink my 8 8oz glasses of water, sheeew! That is still a challange for me..but it gets easier as time goes on. Thanks everyone, you all are so wonderful! Peace!  8)

joagain

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »
Fat ,miserable & unhealthy or

skinny ,healthy with a little wiggly skin that is hidden with clothes .

I think I will take the 2nd option  ;) ;D

Rena

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
Exercising definitely gets easier when you get some of the weight off initially. I'm exercising a lot now, but not so much for weight loss. When we moved to Montana, we started doing more outdoors things, so I just want to be better in shape for that. It's scary being in the middle of a lake in a kayak with your children and not knowing if you have the strength to get them to shore.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
I exercise to keep my hormones in check. ;)