Author Topic: Holy batflaps AGH!  (Read 23287 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Holy batflaps AGH!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »
I just have to take excersize slow because of my lungs, I had major pulmonary embolisms due to hormones 4 years ago, If I do to much and get winded, my lungs get inflamed, and full of fluid, AND if I'm not careful, I get an upper respiratory to go with it. Yay. But, as I work on it, my lungs get stronger all the time :) SO! no hormones for me, only diet and excersize from now on!

Novoflux

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
So I'm gathering from all this that exersize and water may keep the "batflaps" away? Or is it that one might be losing wieght too fast for the skin to retract?  I can see how muscle could fill some of it out but not enough, unless your entering CBBF.

joagain

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »
Welcome Novoflux  I think that if we have alot of weight to lose we are gonna have some skin as Doug calls it the "spores of war " Is that right doug ?
 The less exercise you do the more flabby skin we will have  but unless we walk around naked no one will see it but the one that loves us .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:27:06 AM »
CBBF?What is that?

Novoflux

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:44 AM »
Canadain Bobybuilders federation, I think... :-\  *shrugs*

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
 :D :D Thats funny Novoflux! Where in canada are you? :)

Novoflux

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
London Ontario, I can see that the majority of people using this forum are from the states.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
You would be incorrect :) We have alot of canadians and people from all over the world. If I can help you at all please ask. ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
Batflaps...love it!

I can tell you that thankfully with FTS you lose slowly enough that it's not that big of a problem. I'm in my 40's and lost 200 pounds and thankfully I don't have an extra person hanging off me. I think it's those plateaus we all complain about. I think it firms up during that time and then we start losing again.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »
Batflaps...love it!

I can tell you that thankfully with FTS you lose slowly enough that it's not that big of a problem. I'm in my 40's and lost 200 pounds and thankfully I don't have an extra person hanging off me. I think it's those plateaus we all complain about. I think it firms up during that time and then we start losing again.

That is a fantastic way of looking at plateaus, Sherri! :) :) :)

There are a lot of things going on within our bodies while we're on our weight loss journey.

I firmly believe that it also applies to those of us who lose weight slowly.
For some, our bodies may require more time to do those things (like mend our skin).
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
Novoflux,
Our family was in Ontario for a hockey tournament (surprise, surprise, surpirse) last winter. It was beautiful. 

My father, grandparents and cousins are from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia!

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 07:35:15 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family Novoflux .  I'm from Southern Ontario.  If you need help with finding products that you can't find in your local stores, check out www.thelowcarbgrocery.com.  They are located in Markham, ON.  They have everthing mentioned on the forum and more.  For online orders shipping is $7.99.  If you spend $100 shipping is free.   

As far as batflaps, while you are losing weight, use Bio Oil on your skin, it will help with the elasticity. 

Good luck with your journey to a thin, healthy life.

Novoflux

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
 :'( I'm too poor to do this life style change!! I don't own a credit card never have and with my husband not working, i really want to change but when I run out of the stuff I can eat theres not much left but to partake in the stuff I bought for my family to eat!! One bleeding bag of almond meal was $14 something and it was a small bag.  :'( I would love to buy good sliced meat all the time but I can't this blows big time...guess i will have to try it some other time...

owensmath

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »
You can still do this on a budget. You don't have to make all the fancy stuff, just follow the basic rules. Meats, eggs, green veggies, etc....

joagain

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
It is sad that all the cheaper foods are full of carbs . My neice is on food assistance and to make it strech she does have to buy bread ,rice things that go further . It is very sad ,but I do understand  . Kraft mac & cheese is a lot cheaper then FTS mac  & cheese , even though it is terrible for you .  Hope it gets better for you ,my husband's hours have been cut again . We lost our home last year  because he lost his job Dec/09. Hope this not what is going to happen again .

Good Luck to you & your hubby