Author Topic: Hey Y'all, just an update!!  (Read 2332 times)

snobles

Hey Y'all, just an update!!
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
Well, I took my 16yr. old to the dr. and he does have diabeties, but the dr. knows we're doing the F2S, and she was trying to put him on Metaformin, but I'm tryin to keep him off the pills, she said since we've been on the diet, she's going to give us 3 months, to see how we're doing. and she's just so thrilled that we all support each other, and we have changed our habbits, that she's wanting to create a support group for diabetics, so everybody can share their story. (I'm going to see if I can video tape it, so y'all can see it)On what's worked for them. I told her that, one thing that I like about the F2S is the support forum, and she keeps on refering it to "kinda like weight watchers." When F2S is totally different than weight watchers, she's not understanding how "we" work! and she is totally thrilled, that we all are doing it, and support each other! It's amazing how we just think we're changing for us, but talking to her, she wants us to share our story with everybody else.
So once again, I'd like to thank Doug for the "Life changing" experience. I hope we can live up to F2S when we start going to the group!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey Y'all, just an update!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
sorry to hear about your son, but happy to see how optimistic and determined you are to help him..With your strong will and motherly passion, I believe you will conquer your challenge.. Wishing you the best..
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

snobles

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
Thank you Alex! It's been a hard struggle so far, to change everyones eating habbits! But we know we are doing it for all of our health! and to live longer!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »
Have your doctor contact us if we can help ;)

snobles

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »
@Umpa, my husbands been telling her about the site, and the forum to check it out. I'll keep on mentioning it! Thanks Umpa!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »
Hi snobles! :)

As a former diabetic, thank you for working hard to convince your doctor to look deeper into FTS.
I must say, it's nice not having to take Metformin any longer! ;D ;D ;D

If she gets to the place (like my doctor) where she fully understands how FTS works and what we are about her on the forum, she will save more diabetics' lives!!!
What you do today is what matters!

snobles

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »
@ MousseIssue, Yeah, when we first mentioned it to her, she said she's never heard of it. She's heard of the Weight Watchers, and all, but I guess she hasn't looked into it! Next time we go over to the dr. I may have to bring the book with me!

snobles

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
Just a question! Has anyone had a problem with their face breaking out? I figured it was all the changes?!
Thanks!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »
I couple of the gals had that problem during detox ;)