Author Topic: Hey guys! I hate to keep on harping on it but...  (Read 3538 times)

snobles

Hey guys! I hate to keep on harping on it but...
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
My 15yr. old, when we seriously started the "change of life," he weighed 305, now, the only excersize he gets is at school, now he weighs 287!! Husband was at 315, now 297!! I went from 240 to 223!! Just to see my 15yr. olds eyes light up when he saw how much weight he's lost...priceless! My 16yr. old went from 330 to 320! and believe me when I say, other than school, they get no excersize. When the weather warms up, and stops raining off and on! we're all going to start walking.
It's just so amazing to see the pounds dropping, with no excersize!! (and ya still get to eat!)It's cool to hear the 15yr. old asking for hotdogs wrapped in lettuce! for lunch. He's finally coming around and asking for the right stuff!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: Hey guys! I hate to keep on harping on it but...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
That is just wonderful. You are changing their lives!! You are a FANTASTIC Mom!! Way to go!!!!!!! I wish my Mom would have done that for me as a kid. Hug yourself, it's hard to push the right things AND to get them to enjoy it. Well not quite so hard with FTS but kids are tough.

Now...come work on my teenager :) (j'k)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

snobles

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »
@Sherrie! Actually, it was the husband who "started the ball rolling!" We just followed suit! Yeah, like I've said before, my mom and I tried the weight watchers thing, and never lost the weight, so I'm glad we found F2S!! Where you can still eat, and loose the weight!
My hardest part of the understanding was, if you keep on eating stuff like chips, ice scream, etc...you're only putting more stored sugar in your body, when the body(obviously)already has enough stored sugar to last a life time! (or so we think:-)Once we quit "adding fuel to the fire" we were able to see the weight drop! If you keep adding the sugar, the body has no alternative but to get larger. and when you quit "feeding it" it's going to take what the body has stored and use that! I tell ya, my sweat pants, make me look like I'm a ragamuffin now!! haha...They're so baggy! My fear was when we started this, I was going to have to starve in order to loose weight! Boy was I mistaken! If you eat the right foods, you can eat.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
congrats to all of you!! that is awesome how you are all helpimh each other!!! ;D :)
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
btw: dont apologize for great news.. you keep on harping... ;D
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »
That is wonderful!!!  Those teens are learning a lifetime skill    I love that you are doing it as a family ;D ;D  I bet you are so proud.... please sing your praises it will help encourage us all  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
I love to see parents step up!! :) I am so proud of you and your husband! We have a responsibility to teach our kids.They depend on us!
And the little buggers don't have jobs so they are gonna eat what you buy and bring in the house.I say take it one step further,make them use their allowance to buy junkfood if they want it.You will be surprised how fast they don't!
All joking aside, children are very smart.Nobody wants to be the fat kid.Even if your kids don't follow the program 100% they are gonna make better food choices.A great tool is dougs sugar video.We always get the same response from kids"EEEWWW' OR "grrrooss"! If you need help locating the video let me know. :)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »
No apologizing!!  It is great that your whole family is on board and you all are getting healthier together!  Keep on posting, it's an inspiration for everyone! ;D

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
That is so wonderful! My son is almost 12, and he is now starting to ask: "mom..is THIS okay to eat?" or..."How much sugar is ACTUALLY in this?" I love it! I also love that I get to eat on this, I have not felt hungry once...it's a wonderful feeling :) Glad you are here, keep us updated for sure!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
WOW Zombiegirl you look 12 in that picture!

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:24 AM »
Why thanks Umpa..I think..don't know if I want to look THAT young...hahahaha ;D ;D ;D I figured that a pic of me at my beginning weight was old hat...this is one of me in January :) I like it, but I still am still shocked and amazed I can even look like that lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »
You look great !!! Enjoy! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 07:56:59 AM »
You look wonderful Z  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)