Author Topic: Burnt out  (Read 5988 times)

timlovesrita

• View Profile
Burnt out
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »
Hi all, I love this diet and I know it works. I lost tons of weight on it. But I’ve fallen off the wagon a few times, and yo-yo’d up and down since. Recently I have been eating terrible and I hate the gross feeling of being over full on junk. Anyway, I have little time to cook daily so I used to cook Sunday night for the week. So my question is this. Is there anyone out there who is like me has little time to cook? If so, how do you do this diet? What works for you? Also, maybe suggestions for what to buy and cook once a week to be prepared for the entire week? Maybe compare weekly shopping lists? I’m feeling so burnt out I want to start again, but I just don’t know where to begin…again. Feeling burnt out, can't think, sick of: feeling fat, food, diets, tight pants, etc. Thanks

skychant

• View Profile
Re: Burnt out
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
It is never too late to turn over a new leaf.  You have to want it to make it work and to be successful.  With FTS you don't have to know how to cook to be successful.  I do have a few suggestions for you for things to cook.  You could boil some chicken breasts and make up a batch of chicken salad that you could wrap in romaine lettuce.  I use Mt.Olive Sugar-Free Relish, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb and Duke's Mayo.  You could also make tuna salad if you prefer.  You could boil a dozen eggs and make deviled eggs to snack on during the week.  I like to keep packages of sliced ham an d turkey in the fridge to roll up with a slice of cheese for a quick meal.  I have been eating cocoa roast almonds almost every day for breakfast.  I hope this helps.  Don't give up, hang in there!

timlovesrita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »
All great ideas. I thank you sincerely for the reply.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Welcome to the family, timlovesrita! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Besides some great ideas to get you started from skychant and from Doug's book, I also suggest that you look through the recipe section of this forum.
There are TONS of delicious recipes most of which can be made in advance.

One other thing that is VERY important... This is a lifestyle and not a diet!!!

After reaching our goal weights, ALL of us here will need to keep tabs on our carb intake for the rest of our lives.
If we don't, all the FAT we lost will come back (plus some).

If you ever have any other questions, concerns, or thoughts, please let us know.
We are all here for YOU!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

timlovesrita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »
Thank you Tony, great advice. You are very kind. Thank you.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »
Welcome to the FTS forum timlovesrita.  I find that it helps when you do cook, that you cook lots.  I always have cooked chicken breasts in the freezer.  I also make up large batches of things like mashed cauliflower,  chili, turnip casserole, etc. and put them in serving size containers in the freezer, that way I always have a quick grab meal if I need it.  With the cooked chicken breasts you can do lots of things.  Just try to plan ahead.   Good luck with your journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
Hello Tim, "falling off the wagon" usually begins with "carb creep". Carb Creep occurs in our lifestyle the very first time when we say the follow words to ourselves....... "a little bite won't hurt me". What ends up happening is a little bite here and there turns into bad habits reforming and very quickly sugar addiction takes over, cravings start again and BAM....the pants get tight.

When you leave work tonight stop at the grocery store and buy one of the following, whole chicken, beef roast, pork roast, turkey breast or a ham. Also buy some green beans, a head of broccoli and a head of cauliflower. While you're watching TV tonight roast whatever protein you chose. Nothing in the above list will take more than 1 1/2 hours to cook. 3 days from now choose another from the list and do the same. Freeze any leftover protein three days from now from the first choice in small portions bagged up for the microwave at work. Repeat the process again three days later. What ends up happening Tim is within 10 days you have a deli in your freezer of mixed meats.

Buy block cheeses and cube them up, these too can be frozen. Keep veggies chopped up in the fridge so all you need to do is grab a handful of this and a handfull of that throw them into a bowl with a little water and steam for 3-4 minutes in the microwave.  
Buy some TV dinner trays and make up whole dinners with leftovers and freeze them. Grab one in the morning and take it to the studio. Use the recipes in the FTS book and the Cookbook, visit the forum often for motivation and;

JUST DO IT :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:41:48 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

timlovesrita

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
all great ideas, thanks my friend :)

Rena

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Nice picture, guys.

timlovesrita

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
Thanks Rena :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2264.msg22898#new   post this address in your browser.Its toosweets frozen meals she makes .(tv dinners) Its wicked cool!If I can help you please ask ;)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
Nice picture!  I want a picture!   :P

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »
Why don't you have a picture? :)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
You'll need to come to Boston for a book signing!  I want a picture AND my book signed !

;D
Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »
Theresa I though you were talking about a profile picture! :D :D :D Doug will be on tour in January with Barnes and Nobles. ;)