Author Topic: What are your staples?  (Read 6413 times)

F2S-Awesome

What are your staples?
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
Ok so I’m kind of new to this and so far I have started to fill the fridge and pantry with things that have become staples in my F2S way of life. Below is a list of things that I seem to always want to have on hand. Am I missing anything? Recommended freezer items? I am sure I am missing some key things, but I don’t know what. I think I’m off to a good start though; maybe some artificial sweeteners and baking flours? Thoughts? Tips? Thanks.
My zero carb staples:
French’s yellow mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, canned albacore, coffee, sugar free jello, cracker barrel sharp cheddar cheese, real bacon bits, ham, mayo, a few Walden Farms dressings and sauces, shredded parm & mozz, spices inc. salt & pepper, water, romaine lettuce hearts, and baby spinach
My low carb staples:
I.M. Healthy soynut butter, Silk unsweetened almond milk, Mt. Olive dill hamburger slices, sugar free jelly, Egg Beaters or liquid egg whites,  Heinz home-style classic chicken gravy, hot dogs, Philly cream cheese, Sami’s slim trim lavish (2 carb) tortillas, Stop & Shop pasta sauce (very low carb), strawberries, GG Brancrisps
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:11:16 PM by F2S-Awesome »

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: What are your staples?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
Sounds like you have it all handled F2S-Awesome.

My favs are Land-o-lakes Whipped Cream (no carbs at all!!) and the Josephs Flax seed Pitas (2 carbs per slice). I also need my diet pepsi, Walden Farms blue cheese dressing, Sargento pepper jack cheese (no carbs) and my oscar meyer ham (no carbs).
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
Fresh spinach -- of all things! I've been eating a lot of it lately.

I also keep on hand the Walden Farms dressings, Smaps cereal, and CARBmaster yogurt. A lot of thing 0 carb things you listed I have as well.

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
I have strawberries, Rediwhip and sugar free lime jello.  I always stock fresh broccoli and spinach.  Kraft American Deli slices and parmesan.
I like philly steak and albacore tuna and La Tortillas.  I drink Diet Rite and Duncan Donuts Coffee, plenty of water.  Almonds and peanuts.  I make cheese
eggs and omlettes alot.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
You'll need to remove GG from your zero carb list, they changed their label last year to 2 net carbs per slice.

I aways have a protein source which I've roasted off in the fridge, ham, turk, beef roast, pork roast, corned beef, chicken, lamb, etc.......definite zero carb staple  8) Cauliflower, broccoli, heavy cream, strawberries, fifty50 jams, emerald cocoa almonds, smuckers natural peanut butter mixed 50/50 with beanit butter, unblanched almond meal, golden flax seed flour, pork rinds, at least 6 different cheeses, block tofu, tofu noodles (both miracle and shirataki) sugar free hard candies, sugar free Extra brand bubble gum and polar ice flavors, Xylitol, Stevia
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »
Wow, awesome list from the Master himself. Thanks Doug. Excellent. My chances of success just went up 20%.

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 06:20:08 PM »
Rena, are Smaps really worth $14 a pound? I get filet mignon for $8 per pound :) Would love to have cereal again, but seems to high a cost, no?

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 01:42:38 AM »
Those are great lists! 

SherriPie how does the Walden Farms blue cheese dressing compair to the taste of other blue cheese dressing?  I saw it the other day at the store but knew I had some at home, it has a 2 net carb though.  I wouldn't mind saving that 2 carbs for something else...LOL

Oh I make sure I have plenty of fresh salad greens and veggies, lots of 0 carb meats and plenty of choices with cheese.  Can't forget the incredible edible egg  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
Rena, are Smaps really worth $14 a pound? I get filet mignon for $8 per pound :) Would love to have cereal again, but seems to high a cost, no?

Smaps are very filling and 1/4 cup with unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk and a couple of strawberries is all I need to fill up. I'm also guilty of doing an occasional "Smaps Shot" 

You wanna know.....don't you ::)

Smaps Shot,

1- Place 2 teaspoons of Smaps into the palm of your hand.

2- Squirt a small dollup of whip cream on top

3- Pop the Smaps Shot into your mouth and do a happy dance :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 08:12:59 AM »
I love smaps! A bag will last me a month.The last box of cereal i bought for grandson was $7.99.It was gone in a week. ;)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:35 AM »
Obviously, meat and veg... I have started experimenting with veg that we have never tried before!  Almond flour is huge here at my house - I make up the one minute muffins and we have those almost every morning for breakfast; quick and easy!  Salad dressings, BBQ sauce, SF jello, Strawberries, Whipped cream (if you can control it lol).  Cheese, eggs, almonds (the smokehouse ones from Blue Diamond are amazing!! Just watch if sensitive to salt.)  I ALWAYS have jicama and cauliflower on hand.  Jicama makes amazing "potato" salad and cauliflower for "mashed potatoes".  Hope it helps a little! :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
Those are great lists! 

SherriPie how does the Walden Farms blue cheese dressing compair to the taste of other blue cheese dressing?  I saw it the other day at the store but knew I had some at home, it has a 2 net carb though.  I wouldn't mind saving that 2 carbs for something else...LOL

Oh I make sure I have plenty of fresh salad greens and veggies, lots of 0 carb meats and plenty of choices with cheese.  Can't forget the incredible edible egg  ;)

I really like the Walden's blue cheese and use it on everything from salads to sauce for buffalo chicken pizza. It is carb and calorie free but gives you that taste of blue cheese. Definitely doesn't taste like loaded with carb blue cheese but a good alternative. The one I really didn't like was the Walden's Ranch dressing, it was nasty.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
Yeah, I get my Smaps from Netrition and they're a little over $10 a bag. To ME, it's worth it. I'm a big cereal person and it was really hard to give that up. I really like them and since I'm the only one who eats them, the cost is worth it. I only eat 1/2 cup per serving so the bag lasts me awhile. And with the unsweetened almond milk by Silk, it's a perfect breakfast for me. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:35:51 PM by Rena »

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Thanks SherriPie....  I will definitely give it a go.  I have always liked blue cheese.  I think I might have to give the smaps a shot to.  They sound great.  I am starting to get tired of eggs all the time...LOL

Jen are you making your One minute muffins with the almond flour?  Or with the flax meal....  I hadn't thought about using the almond flour for those.  I'm still looking for banana flavoring ( I was wishing I could find it locally) so that I can make the banana muffins  :o  Those sound pretty good to have for a breakfast.. 

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
Those are great lists! 

I really like the Walden's blue cheese and use it on everything from salads to sauce for buffalo chicken pizza. It is carb and calorie free but gives you that taste of blue cheese. Definitely doesn't taste like loaded with carb blue cheese but a good alternative. The one I really didn't like was the Walden's Ranch dressing, it was nasty.
Here in Canada I buy Renée's Gourmet - Blue Cheese Dressing , 0 net carbs.  When I shop in Buffalo, NY I buy Maries Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, also 0 net carbs.  I think it tastes way better than the Walden Farms, but not sure if it is available all over the U.S.  It is found it the area where they sell produce, not on the shelf with the other dressings.