Author Topic: flours/meals  (Read 1388 times)

F2S-Awesome

flours/meals
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
Hi Umpa, I made Belgian waffles with Golden Flax seed meal and it was awesome with whipped cream and strawberries. I have never used this product before. Can you please tell me the various flours and meals you recommend and where you suggest buying them in bulk and how much they cost? The Red Mills organic golden flax seed meal I got was $10 for 2 lbs at Whole foods. Thanks so much for your time.

shawn116

Re: flours/meals
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
Hey F2S-Awesome,

I found this at my Super Walmart of all places in with the cereal and such : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wild-Roots-Milled-Golden-Flaxseed-16-oz/15716910 I can't remember exactly how much but I'm thinking it was 3 something for a 16 oz bag.  It's petty good  ;)

joagain

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
thats what i get also

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
I love Bobs red mill for price and quality.I buy the Golden flax meal,Flaxmeal and unsweetened coconut from amazon.(I like amazon because I have Prime shipping and I can get just about anything in 2 days) I also like now unblanched almond flour and I buy it from amazon also or whoever has it on sale.The bag says 10 oz but it is two cups.You don't pack low carb flours like you do white.I have tried to like soy flour but I always get this bitterness which I hate.I just bought gluccoman flour to make the general tso's chicken.I am on the road so I haven't done it yet.I will let you know how it turns out.Did i answer your question?

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
Yes, thanks. I'm learning. Sorry for so many rookie questions. But once I get it, I'll master it. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
Ask anything you like thats what I am here for! Anytime i can help just ask :)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
awesome, too cool, thanks!