Author Topic: How often do you weigh in.  (Read 2161 times)

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
How often do you weigh in.
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
I have been weighing myself daily..I'm thrilled when I lose but there are days that I gain which is frustrating.  I am wondering do you weigh yourself daily or weekly?  I am female and I know water weight can vary from day to day.  Thanks for any help. ???

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How often do you weigh in.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:27:43 AM »
weigh your self once a week and not during your period. ;) Same day every week and before you eat or drink anything(even water) and after you have gone to the bathroom in the morning ;)
And be naked every ounce counts! :D

Rena

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
Daily.

It's a bad, bad habit and can break or make your day, so I don't recommend it. But once you start, it's hard to stop.

joagain

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Beth take it from me throw the scale away and just take your measurements . LOL  My hubby hides my scale and I weigh one a month unless I find it   ;) I look really hard Sunday nights because I use to weigh in on Monday Mornings .

Afterall we did not want to get on the scale when we were gaining and getting fat ! ;D

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
I have been measuring my belly right around belly button and have lost 2 1/2 inches.  That does feel great. Do you measure arms, legs, etc.? I am going to try once a week in the am in my birthday suit!  Thanks all.

Rena

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
I know I should have been measuring, but I never did. I had so many clothes I couldn't fit into in my closet, so mostly I use those to go by. Being able to wear them again (and others for the first time) has always meant more to me than the numbers. Good luck, Beth!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »
I weigh my self everyday and I know I shouldn't but I'm addicted and it is what it is!  ;)
It does make or break my day.

I also don't measure, but as Rena said, I have clothes that I havent been in for a long time that now fit comfortably.  That's great.  I won't buy anything new yet, though...I have more to go and it seems like a waste because I will end up not fitting into those either.

I also measure my success by what I am able to accomplish.  I have lost a total of 42lbs and at my highest weight I weighed 240.  I would huff and puff to go up a flight of stairs and I could not sit comfortably in my car or in a chair. 

Now at 198...clothes feel comfortable, I can cross my legs and yesterday I ran 2 miles without stopping!   :o

That's success!

Thanks Doug & Umpa!  I keep pluggin'!

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
Yes it is Theresa !!!!  So happy for you it is a different world in ONEderland   ;) 

We will all have sucess 1 pound at a time no matter how long it takes . But man I want to be in Onederland :D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Hi Theresa! :)

Like you say and to be fair to ourselves, we should measure our success by how we feel, how our clothes fit, and how much more we are able to accomplish at our lower weights.

It's in those things that we should find pleasure... Not just a little number in a box on the floor! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »
Hey Beth - I was weighing myself daily - do NOT do it!  My husband has hid the scale on me and I am now weighing myself weekly, like Umpa says same day, same time, first thing naked.  And for sure do measurements.  I finally did them and last week although I only lost .2 lbs I also lost over 6 inches (I do measure more than just my belly button fyi!).  So that really helps the morale too!