Author Topic: Read the book yesterday, committed today. Ready for a change!!  (Read 5198 times)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
Re: Read the book yesterday, committed today. Ready for a change!!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
I have read several "diet" books over time.  I just read "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes.  What an eye opener.  After that, I began looking for Low Carb eating plans rather than Low Fat.  I found several books in the library.  Some were so convoluted and complicated, I can see why people get frustrated and quit.  Then I found FTS in the library.  I read it cover to cover in no time.  It was easy to understand, and ultimately readable.  Doug doesn't talk down to you like some of the authors who are doctors.  As soon as I was done, I bought my own copy.  I am still figuring out what is available at my local Walmart and supermarkets before looking to buy stuff online. I figure this is a marathon, not a sprint so if I get a slower start, so be it.  I want to make these changes in ways that will stick.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »
... I figure this is a marathon, not a sprint so if I get a slower start, so be it.  I want to make these changes in ways that will stick.

Hi mdanziger! :)

You're so right!... FTS is a lifestyle.
A lifestyle is meant to be a "life long" endeavor.

I've been living FTS since August 2010. And will continue to do so for the rest of my days!
I love being so much healthier! I could NEVER go back!!! ;D ;D ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
Welcome to the party mdanziger, we're all here for you!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Ann B

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Welcome MDanziger,

Yes, I agree. Once you KNOW the way of eating that will get to the results of permanent fat loss to normal weight, the pressure is off.  With Doug's book I instantly felt I finally had the time to learn how to eat properly.  Strange how a diet makes us think that we have a limited time frame and if we don't meet that we have failed...  Doug's book , simple and straightforward.  Now I can read or reread other wordy low carb books and just enjoy them for the reinforcement.

My fat places are getting softer all the time...and shrinking even when the scale is stuck this month. Ha!

All the best,
Ann

And congrats on 8 pounds off. Woohoo!