Author Topic: Stir Fry & Miracle Noodles  (Read 3369 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Stir Fry & Miracle Noodles
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
I made stir fry tonight (picture below).  First time to try noodles, they are good. They are very unique with a strange texture and fishy smell but when rinsed and tossed with stir fry very tasty.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stir Fry & Miracle Noodles
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:10:40 AM »
I LOVE seeing the pictures of your dishes!!  That looks really good! I haven't tried the Miracle noodles yet but I need to!  I did try the Shirataki noodles when I first started FTS, but wasn't crazy about those.  I eat spaghetti squash sometimes.   

Rena

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »
Looks great, Amber. I think I'm having some Miracle Noodles tonight, maybe alfredo.

joagain

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
Or the Miracle noodles better then the  Shirataki noodles ? About the same ? The fetta ones bout made me throw up the texture was I dont even know how to describe it .

I use the Shirataki noodles when I make shimp alfredo/parm and I have made meatballs and used it as the pasta . Of course my Italian side knows the difference but my FTS side knows that they are better for me . I use to have pasta 2-3 times a week now I have it like every 2 months . Some things I would just rather do without then try to replace .

That does look good Amber

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
I took the photo before I added the Shirataki Pasta, Angel Hair (Miracle noodle) because I was so worried about the way they would taste. Joagain I think we are talking about the same noodle.  Husband said if they tasted bad we could pick them out! Once they mixed with the juices from the stir fry they look more appealing.  I plan to purchase again and try with the Alfredo.

Rena

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »
Some things I would just rather do without then try to replace .

I agree, and pasta is one of them. I'm only having the Miracle Noodles tonight because I found some in my cupboard that a friend gave me. I don't like them enough to buy them again.

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
Hi, is there any way to really get that smell out of those noodles? We tried a bunch of suggested ways but it always has that gross taste/after taste. Thanks

joagain

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
Amber I am not sure if they are the same thing I get the Shirataki  noodles at Publix in the produce section and you have to keep them refridgerated .  I think you have to order the Miracle Noodles , They may taste the same and serve the same purpose . I pay like 2.60 per bag & it has 2 servings per bag .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »
I rinse mine well in a colander and pat dry.You can throw them in boiling water for a couple of minutes.There should be no fishy smell after you rinse them well ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 02:27:47 PM »
I agree with Umpa.
Rinsing... Heating to parboil... And rinsing again gets rid of the fishy smell!

These noodles will take on the flavor of the sauce you cook them in.
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
A friend of ours has a HCG clinic (I know, I know -- I think she's nuts, too!) and she sells all sorts of products including the Walden Farms stuff and the Miracle Noodles. She's the one who gave us the noodles I'm going to eat tonight. She gave them to us for free, but I think she charges something like $5 for a pack. There's no way I'd make a habit out of buying them for that price. They're too rubbery for me. I'd be happier eating chicken alfredo without the pasta -- ha!

I still haven't tried the other noodles that I've seen in the store. I think they're soy, too.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »
I pay $2.87 a pack a the grocery store.I think miracle noodle is $2.25 a pack.$5 a pack is not cool. ;)

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
The cheapest (and good tasting after rinsing and drying) ones that I've found are at http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/orchids-white-shirataki-noodles?green=24574572712

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 09:24:57 AM »
I thought these noodles were carb free, no ? hmmmm

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
2 carbs whole package ;) i love them, and the orzo is great from miracle noodle too.I just got in the rice from miracle noodle and gluccoman flour.I bought it to make General Tsos chicken.I will post the recipe as soon as I can.I am in a camper so its hard to work in the kitchen.We will be in North Carolina soon though.Maybe I can get doug to do a video on it. ;)