Author Topic: It just feels great!  (Read 1479 times)

snobles

It just feels great!
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
Just can't thank Doug and Umpa enough! I mean really! I went from 240 - 221 in just a few weeks!  It seems I loose a couple of pounds a week now! Some may think that slow, but hey, it took us a lifetime of not careing to put it on. So I am grateful for every pound I loose, when it doesn't even seem like I'm trying now. It comes second nature!
I am grateful that I now have good eating habbits. If given the choice, even though I'm not diabetic, but my family is, I thought was going to be hard for me! It kinda was at first(ask Doug how many times I've started and failed!)But being serious about it, the lifestyle change becomes a "habbit" like the eating the bad junk was, you just have to give in to the lifestyle, with no cheating. Once you cut out the carbs, the body has no choice but to loose the pounds! It's like second nature now, to make the choices I know I should!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It just feels great!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »
19 pounds snobles that is AWESOME!!! ;D

snobles

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:51:22 AM »
Thanks Umpa! and the weird thing is, it doesn't even feel like I'm trying or forceing myself anymore! It's like second nature now! Thank you!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Thanks Umpa! and the weird thing is, it doesn't even feel like I'm trying or forceing myself anymore! It's like second nature now! Thank you!

Hooray for you, snobles!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

The hardest part of this lifestyle is getting our minds to the place where living the lifestyle is automatic.
I say this is hard because, like it or not, we've spent our lives training our minds to think automatically as FAT people.

I am sooooo happy you have won the "battle of wills" with your mind!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
That's awesome, snobles. You're doing great. :)

snobles

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
@Mouseissue, for a long time, I just got used to the idea of being fat. I've been that way most of my adult hood, and nobody seemed to mind? Not even me! Till one day, I thought, (after seeing Doug on the 700 club!)you know, I'm gonna break the cycle! I'm tired of being overweight. Seeing everybody around me(my family)getting diagnosed with diabeties, something had to be done! My paternal grandparents were both diabetics, luckily I wasn't, but why risk it?!
It just amazes me how many people(I was one of them)think it's all about the calories! How can they expect to eat the same way and expect to loose weight? I saw at the grocery store where I volunteer at, the Weight Watchers yougurt(supposed to be good for you?)has like 30ish carbs in it! I've gotten a lot better at reading labels! If it has a lot of carbs in it, I don't get it! Once you get your mind right ;Dit's not that hard, and there's no going back to the old/bad habbits for me!!
@Rena, Thank you! It's been a hard battle of the wills, but I've finally mastered it!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
Yeah snobles !!!