Author Topic: I hope this works...  (Read 8885 times)

ICanDoThis

• View Profile
I hope this works...
« on: May 04, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »
Hi Everyone...just joined the website today...been doing the plan for a little over a week now.  I sure hope it works.  I have tried a bazillion things to lose weight and nothing gets that number on the scale moving.  I want nothing more than to be thin, healthy and beautiful.. I'm really tired of being the fat one of all my friends.  Most would say i'm not fat, but curvy..either way, it's too much for me.  I want to lose my gut once and for all!!! I have had a child, so I realize that short of a tummy tuck, I will never wear a bikini again, that is fine by me.  To just not have that tummy in the front would be enough for me.  My son is 6, so I can't blame my weight on him..ever since my last year in high school I have been heavier.  Before that, I was very thin, and had abs!! (imagine!)  Since then, my weight has gone up and down... I lose 60 lbs once on a liquid diet, but as you guessed, no way is that kind of thing maintainable, so back on the weight came.  I've done Weight Watchers with some success, (20 or 30 lbs or so) but it always comes back.  So a friend of mine started fat to skinny, and all she ever does is brag about how much she's lost (27 lbs in a month and a half) and now she's posting pictures of herself on facebook left and right!! She lent me her book and I have been doing the plan a little over a week now.  At first, I was happy, on the 4th day it said I has lost 3 lbs!! But at the 1 week mark, I weighed myself and was discouraged to see I was a lb heavier than when I started!!! (still am  :-\)  I am determined to get some results!!!  I want to loose (and never find again!) weight.  I hope this is the answer.  I have spent countless dollars on diet pills, etc, .  I know I need to exercise, and that is the hardest thing to stick to for me.. I just don't enjoy it, and can always find reasons not to do it..  I really want to prove myself wrong this time.  I hope this works!!!

beebs

• View Profile
Re: I hope this works...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
keep a diary of what you are eating that will help you alot. that way carbs dont sneak in on you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »
Well hello their and welcome to the family :) First piece of advice.... stay off the scale. Weight fluctuates all the time but if you stick to the plan and follow its directions you'll soon be seeing abs again! Don't be in a hurry, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Remember, stay under 20 carbs per day, read all the support posts and sty in touch :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »
I call this my sugar free lifestyle. It takes a bit of time to break the old habits. That's why it's good to throw away all your sugared foods like Doug suggests, then you dont grab them by accident.

ICanDoThis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
thanks for all the support everyone, it really means a lot.  I have to say, even though some foods are off limits, I feel more satisfied on this than anything else I have ever tried.  I love to cook, so all the new things I get to make keep it really exciting.  It is important to me to raise my son in a healthful way, and he loves all the receipes too!! (he's only 6) I really think it's cool too that Doug, you make yourself so accessible to all of us out here.  Gotta go to the grocery store!! Later!

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »
I think the absolute BEST part of this is that there is a substitute for everything that you have to "give up."

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »
 :D hey icandothis>>> stay the course,after a few weeks you'll be addicted to the FATTOSKINNY way of life,just like you were addicted to the SUGARKILLS way of life,and it will become 2nd nature for you,you'll find you have lots of energy,use it to do SOMETHING...your 6 yr old will love the fact that mommy wants to play all the time,and when you go to put on those shorts that you couldn't button last summer(i just did this) you'll get a bigass grin on your face,remember though if you don't maintain this new lifestyle,the success wont last long:(...good luck!!!!

PS:if you live near a Kroger,they have a great sugarfree carbfree ice cream/Popsicle that makes for a nice summer treat:)

snobles

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:24 AM »
Just to let ya know! I was the biggest skeptic ever!! I have tried all kinds of different "diets" since I got married! and nothing seemed to work! We came across Dougs book! I have been at 225 forever!!! It's not much, but now I'm at 223!!  but if you can take out all the sugar, the hardest adjustment, is "realizing" what sugar is in! My husband has lost 25lbs.! So I am a firm beliver in Fat to skinny and yes, it does work! Not the "diets", not the "diet pills!". Don't get discouraged! Good luck to you!
Stephanie

smcconnico

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
I started just before Christmas. 

After reading the book, I began and found myself looking at all the nutrition tables on products my wife and I love.  As Gomer would say.....Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!![/left]

If we eat out, I know what to order without worry of carbs and sugar.  I found that buying items without sugar or carbs is actually less than the rest.

Keep the faith.  It'll work.  I have faith.

Rena

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »
Welcome!

Try not to step on the scale daily. I do that and it's depressing some days. And don't always look for pounds lost because a lot of time you lose inches before you see anything on the scale. Take measurements or use clothes to monitor your results.

If I can lose weight, being the chocolate/candy freak I am, you can do it, too!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
Welcome to FTS. If you love to cook you are going to ROCK at this new lifestyle. There are loads of great recipes on the site and the people are amazing. If I can do it so can you!!

Welcome  :) :) :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
Wow SherriPie you just amaze me.  Congrats on you 144 lb. weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Wow SherriPie you just amaze me.  Congrats on you 144 lb. [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks but look at you Miss ALMOST DONE!! Woo HOO!!! You gotta be feeling great! I can't wait until I'm that close!!

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »
Congrats to both we need a I met my goal post

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
Wow SherriPie you just amaze me.  Congrats on you 144 lb. weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Thanks but look at you Miss ALMOST DONE!! Woo HOO!!! You gotta be feeling great! I can't wait until I'm that close!!

Almost at my goal, but never done.  I really do feel like I can continue to eat the FTS way.  And yes, I am feeling great.  I would love to go on a big shopping spree, but I have to be content to just buy a few things at a time.  It is a lot more fun to buy clothes now.  SherriPie, you will be where I am before you know it!!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:57:10 AM by Doug Varrieur »