Author Topic: I hope this works...  (Read 8877 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I hope this works...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
Welcome "Smcconnico' and "Icandothis"!  I think this forum is a great part of the FTS success!  It is so nice to know so many wonderful people who are on the same path!  Everyone is so helpful and encouraging!  You will love it here!!   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
Welcome Icandothis! If I can help ya ,please ask.I am umpa dougs wife and I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa,where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum,we are all here for you! :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »

Almost at my goal, but never done.  I really do feel like I can continue to eat the FTS way.  And yes, I am feeling great.  I would love to go on a big shopping spree, but I have to be content to just buy a few things at a time.  It is a lot more fun to buy clothes now.  SherriPie, you will be where I am before you know it!!

I agree completely. I totally don't feel like this is a diet that once I hit my weight it's over. That would be so foolish to do. I love eating this way and it's such second nature now. It is so nice to be able to eat with everyone else, not have to feel hungry or like I'm dieting and still loose weight. When I hit my goal I am going to just keep going on FTS just add a few more carbs in to stabilize me. I never want to be a slave to sugar again!

Have you posted before and after pics?? I wanna see!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »

Have you posted before and after pics?? I wanna see!!

Just these pictures I posted a while ago.  No one took a good picture of me at Christmas.  Funny, when I wasn't happy about my weight, everyone always had their cameras out.  As soon as I have a pic to post I will.  http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1015.30  Scroll down to the bottom

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »
Welcome ICanDoThis !!! The FTS Family members are very supportive and encouraging.  Just take one day at a time and eat 20 or less carbs -- the weight will start coming off!  Have a great day!  :)

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
Just these pictures I posted a while ago.  No one took a good picture of me at Christmas.  Funny, when I wasn't happy about my weight, everyone always had their cameras out.  As soon as I have a pic to post I will.  http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1015.30  Scroll down to the bottom

OMG you look SO much YOUNGER!! That's amazing! You look like your heavier-self's daughter. (Does that make sense?)

AMAZING!!! Gosh I hope I see that kind of difference from now to then.

You need to post those pictures all over the website! FANTASTIC!!!

What does your husband think of your weight loss?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:00:14 AM by SherriPie »

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 12:27:23 PM »
Hey SherriPie -- Congratulations on your weight loss !!!  You look great !!!

Do you exercise and if so, what kind ???

Thanks and have a great day!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »
Hey SherriPie -- Congratulations on your weight loss !!!  You look great !!!

Do you exercise and if so, what kind ???

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Susie!!

I am the anti-exercise person. I would love to but due to a condition with my ankle I am just lucky to walk let alone exercise. That is one of the reasons I love FTS so much. I can loose without exercising. I did recently buy a stationary bike in hopes I might be able to use that and loose quicker, but so far it's too painful to use regularly. I'm working on it though. :)

I just eat the stuff I love, stay under 12 carbs a day, watch my portions and keep a Diet Pepsi handy. That's all there is to it. :)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:58:56 AM by Doug Varrieur »

owensmath

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
12? Wow

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »
I love all you gals, you're doing so wonderful! Now I want to address the name of this thread... "I Hope This Works" First of all for all you readers out there who are looking at this thread and FTS for the first time I understand the statement.  Being heavy my whole life I faced that "I give up" and lost hope position just like many of you. One day my lost hope turned to hope as I discovered the facts that FAT TO SKINNY is based upon and that my friends gave me hope back....I too said outloud to myself "I Hope This Works" Guess what 100 pounds thinner I can give you a resounding YES!

BUT.....you and your commitment to the FTS lifestyle are the key to your success. Doing this program halfway or simply skimming the book will cause you to fail. You must jump in all the way and change your lifestyle. The facts are the facts, I teach you exactly what creates FAT in your body and how to reverse it forever, all you have to do is follow my lead and the lead of others on this forum.   8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SharBear

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.  I have 40lbs to loose and have tried everything.  I really think there's something wrong as I honestly follow programs (WW) and nothing happens.  I 've been doing this for almost 3 weeks and nothing!!!!  I keep hearing hang in there, detox etc, but it's hard when the scale does NOT move.  So maybe you and I will have to "hang in there" together.  Like you, I'm sick of being fat and want to fix this before it becomes 50lbs.  Good Luck,

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »
SharBear I have found that it has really helps me when I drink lots of water, include lots of fibre (GG Bran Crispbread, Flax Foccocia Bread, Sensato SF Hot Cereal, I even put a heaping tablespoon of flax meal in my smoothies) and try not to eat things that are too salty (processed meat especially and never touch the salt shaker).  

And SherriPie, the answer to your question about my husband, he has been very supportive and has been complimenting me lots on how I look, especially if we are going out somewhere.  He has never been very generous with compliments, so I know he really means it when he says something. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:00:09 PM by ShihTzuMom1 »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.  I have 40lbs to loose and have tried everything.  I really think there's something wrong as I honestly follow programs (WW) and nothing happens.  I 've been doing this for almost 3 weeks and nothing!!!!  I keep hearing hang in there, detox etc, but it's hard when the scale does NOT move.  So maybe you and I will have to "hang in there" together.  Like you, I'm sick of being fat and want to fix this before it becomes 50lbs.  Good Luck,

Hi SharBear!  :)

There must be a reason for this.
Please post what you're eating so we can help you find what's wrong.
Be sure to include not only "what" you're eating, but "how much" too.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »

Hi SharBear!  :)

There must be a reason for this.
Please post what you're eating so we can help you find what's wrong.
Be sure to include not only "what" you're eating, but "how much" too.

I agree with Tony, you need to list your food. If you've been eating FTS for 3 weeks and not lost weight you must be doing something wrong. Please list your food in the meal plan board
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
SharBear I am not buying it.Post your menus in Sherripies section and we will help you.You are doing something wrong. ;)