Author Topic: watching Dr. Oz Carbs are like Cocaine/Carb detox episode  (Read 4870 times)

F2S-Awesome

I'm watching the Dr. Oz Carbs are like Cocaine/Carb detox episode right now. So interesting.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: watching Dr. Oz Carbs are like Cocaine/Carb detox episode
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
It totally is just like a drug or alcohol addiction. Detox was horrible but once it was over it was amazing. I had no idea until FTS just how addicting sugar is to our bodies!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
Isn't that the truth!! I haven't had fried rice in over 3 years and right now I'd drive 10 miles for some!   :o
Jeremiah 29:11-14

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
Hi Cali Girl, I love fried rice and have it often! I simply use cauli rice instead of grain rice. I'll post a recipe on the sides board for you :)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
Welcome back Caligirl! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »
When I wrote FAT TO SKINNY in 2008 I reported to the world the dangers of Sugar addiction, of course all carbs turn into sugar in the blood stream. I also reported exactly why we are addicted, the release of Dopamine in the brain. And as all readers know I compared the addiction to heroin and meth. The entire FAT TO SKINNY program is designed to break these addictions and replace all the foods and beverages in your life which are killing you and making you fat with those that don't.

I watched the entire Dr Oz episode and I'm proud to see all my findings verified BUT I was very disappointed in Dr Oz's approach to the problem......he still doesn't get it! There is no such thing as a "good carb" when you're trying to lose weight and break this terrible addiction. Suggesting brown rice, wheat bread and fruits is ridiculous. Brown rice converts into exactly the same amount of sugar in the blood as white rice. Fruits are loaded with Fructose....pure sugar.......... and wheat?, C'mon Doc....WAKE UP!

Dr Oz, your on a good track but you still need to catch up, FAT TO SKINNY leads the pack  ;)  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:43:20 PM by Doug Varrieur »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
Welcome back CaliGirl! :) :) :)

We've missed ya!
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
Hi Doug! :)

I think it may just as difficult for our medical professionals to break out of the old ways of thinking as it is for the rest of us.

Far too much money has (and still is) being spent perpetuating weight loss fallacies.

owensmath

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »

I watched the entire Dr Oz episode and I'm proud to see all my findings verified BUT I was very disappointed in Dr Oz's approach to the problem......he still doesn't get it! There is no such thing as a "good carb" when you're trying to [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]lose weight[/url] and break this terrible addiction. Suggesting brown rice, wheat bread and fruits is ridiculous. Brown rice converts into exactly the same amount of sugar in the blood as white rice. Fruits are loaded with Fructose....pure sugar.......... and wheat?, C'mon Doc....WAKE UP!

Dr Oz, your on a good track but you still need to catch up, FAT TO SKINNY leads the pack  ;)  

Doug - I noticed that, too! I also thought that poor woman who loved her bagels. She thinks that eating yogurt is so much better, but it's full of sugar, too!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
Sad isn't it, so close yet soooooooo far from the truth  >:(

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »
Thanks for the recipe Doug, it looks great. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

It's not that I really wanted rice, as I rarely if ever eat it anyway, I think mentally I'm feeling carb- delirious/deprived and what would be a greater source of concentrated carbs than rice! Addiction is a terrible thing!

Umpa, Mouseissue, thank you for the welcome back. Its encouraging to see the familiar faces that are now much slimmer. Maddysmom, Sherripie and Jo - Wow you guys look amazing! Mouseissue - congrats on reaching your 1/2 point! Way to go, Dude! Praying your wife is doing as well also!

Blessings everyone - have a wonderful week.
Jeremiah 29:11-14

snobles

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 06:13:59 AM »
@Doug. I saw that episode! It's just so sad how bllind dr.'s really are! How could they have gone to medical school and still not know the truth is beyond me!

JLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 08:37:50 AM »
I give up on modern medicine. Here I am a diabetic for 23 years, my kidneys are failing, leg edema, several eye surgeries and ALL the doctors want to do is give me meds.  They want to treat the symptoms and fill their bank accounts under the guise of practicing medicine. I have two law degrees and it took Doug's simple book to open my eyes to the solution. Changing what I put in my body will change my life!!!Dr. Oz can have his ratings and I will have my life back...too much living to do.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
When you think about it, since the ancient days of Hippocrates, medicine has treated disease and illness.
It's focus has been on symptoms AFTER the fact.
Only in recent years, has prevention begun to take better hold.

I understand that a few medical schools have recently been training pediatricians and family practice doctors in "Proactive Medicine".
If the recent progress in understanding the true cause and treatment for obesity and type II diabetes continues, there will come a point where medical science and corporate profits reach loggerheads.

Let's pray that the truth about dietary carbohydrates becomes widely known and accepted in the medical community and in our society.

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:15 PM »
:)