Author Topic: some rookie questions...  (Read 2387 times)

F2S-Awesome

some rookie questions...
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Hi all,
You all are great, taking the time to answer my sometimes silly more likely monotonous questions. Thank you ALL so much for all you have done for me here. I’m still hoping though for some answers to a few remaining questions that I have posted. So I went through them all and I’m putting what’s left here in one post. Hopefully between you all, I’ll get my answers. Sorry if I’m a pain in the neck. :) I love you all!

1) Anyone know the lowest carb greens that can be used for a salad and the net carbs they contain?

2) A ton of the recipes in the new bakery book call for soy flour and soy protein powder. Does anyone have recommendations on those as far as taste, brand, cost/size, net carbs? where to buy etc.?

3) What’s the deal with zero net carb breads and bagels that I see on the internet (Healthwise, etc)? Do you all think they really are zero net carbs? Seems too good to be true. It is possible they are really zero net carbs? Does anyone eat these?

Anyone know of any truly zero net carb gum, hard candy, and water mix-in's? Ones without hidden carbs like the hidden carbs in so called zero carb splenda.

For Umpa (maybe when you return from your vacation?):

4) F2S Red Velvet Cake Recipe
5) F2S Yogurt Recipe
6) F2S Bread Pudding Recipe
7) Any progress on the F2S T-Shirt idea?

For Doug:

8) Any progress on the F2S Chat Room in the Forum?

Thanks everyone
F2S 4 life!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: some rookie questions...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
I just made general tso chicken last night it was on the list before you.Next is the red velvet cake.I want to make it for a elmo cake for grandsons birthday next week.I have go go to the store for pecans.
Soy protien powder is 0 carb and i buy the bobs red mill brand from amazon by the case,because I use it for baking.The french toast recipe in the bakery book is awesome and its all soy protien.The veggie info is in the yellow book.Soy flour is the last choice on my list,but I use it when I need a white flour and there is nothing else that will work.
As far as the bagels and bread look at the ingredient list that can't lie because of food allergies and lawsuits.
the yogurt is gonna take a little research.I  have a book somewhere here for making homemade frozen yogurt.I have answered all these questions on your other post .Are you not getting my answers?? How do you check the forum?I go board by board so i don't miss anything.
The bread pudding I have to make a loaf of bread,I think it also has to be stale bread to absorb the other ingredients without turning to mush.
The tshirts for people that have already lost their weight as a reward may be a good idea. Did I get tthem all? :)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
yes thanks, sorry to be a bother

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
You are not a bother! :D When I click the unread post  or new replies I dont always get my messages.So now i start on the homepage and go through each board for new messages(little blue new).You are a pleasure and I enjoy you totally! ;D

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
When you refer to the "yellow book" are you talking about the main FTS book?

joagain

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
The Tshirt idea as a gift for goal is a good idea you dont want alot of fat peeps wearing the fat to skinny shirt  ;D I would not want to wear a big yellow shirt with fat to skinny on it right now . LOL ;D

Now WHEN I hit my goal (PROBABLY IN 2 YEARS  ;D )I will wear that baby !!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
When you refer to the "yellow book" are you talking about the main FTS book?

Hi Amber! :)

In a word... Yes! ;)
It's "the" little book that started all this!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Jo i am southern I was trying to be kind,but you are correct! :D :D :D :D :D

joagain

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »

Umpa I am southern too (ALabama cant get much more southern then that lol ) !

But it is what it is sista!!!  ;)
                                                                              ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:45:36 PM by joagain »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
I was born in Columbia South Carolina.My mother ,grandmother(92),and aunt are all beautful southern belles!And the strongest women you ever met in your life!My mom has had kidney disease her whole life which is extremely painful and never complains ! She sees the positive in everything and everyone.She taught me to be kind no matter how other people act.And of coure yes mam,no mam!
Daddy is from Des Moines Iowa.He taught me I could have anything I wanted,just go get it! He also taught me better a smartbutt,then a Dumbbutt!My dad is the a veteran and the bravest man I know. ;D

joagain

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »
 ;D