Author Topic: WDW was hard.  (Read 5252 times)

Rena

WDW was hard.
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
Sadly, I put on 8 pounds while I was there. I guess that's better than 18, but still. I know I'll get back to where I was, but it's still depressing.

Even though WDW claims to have 'healthier food choices', they're not low-carb options. Instead of French fries, they offer you apple slices or carrots. There are lots of salad choices, but as you know, those are loaded with carbs. I was dying for a big bowl of fresh spinach, but there was none to be found. And since we were stuck in a hotel room and not a villa with a kitchen, I was pretty much screwed. I did try my best to eat low-carb, but I still put on weight. I picked food apart, wasted money, and skipped some things I really loved. My stupid husband ate a bunch of things (including the bread & rolls from my sandwiches) and managed to only gain 5 pounds. WTF!!!

I had a great trip, but the whole food/low-carb part really sucked.  :(

joagain

Re: WDW was hard.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »
Glad you are back and had a good time ! Those 8 LBs will come off quick now that you are back home . I think that our bodies would be very sensitive to carbs now that we have not been eating them like other folks . probably why you gained more then hubby ,but your 8 will come off faster then his 5 I bet .

I am sure that Tony & Doug wil give a much more detailed reason I am waiting to see if I am right though LOL ;D

Glad your back!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
I am sure you are disappointed with the gain but just think of the positive memories you made  :)  You will drop those 8 in no time! Glad you had a good trip. 

On a personal note - I love the Marshmallow Man & Dilly (bought it for grandson and they are his favorites right now!).

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
Rena I so know what you are talking about. I'm sorry if it put a damper on your trip at all.    :(   I just came back from a two week trip myself to see family.  Most of which I had to stay in a hotel with every meal out and someone else picking the places to eat.  I have to say it got pretty tricky a few times.   I found that most wait staff were very helpful but a few didn't have a clue...LOL  Even though I so enjoyed seeing my family I am glad to be back home so I can cook the way I need to.  You can get right back to where you were in no time.....  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
Welcome back Rena! :)

I hope you made some wonderful memories with your family at WDW.
It's memories like that money can't buy... especially later on when we get older.

As far as the weight gain goes... Don't sweat over it!
One of the wonderful aspects of FTS is that if we do mess up, we can get right back on track by again following the FTS rules.

And, don't worry about how much your husband gains or how fast he may lose.
This is a lifestyle and not a foot race.
Each of us is different. Each of us will lose (or gain) at different rates!
The most important thing is that we stay the course!

You'll do wonderfully, Rena!!!
So don't worry!... Be happy!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
welcome back Rena.. You cant fret on that.. You worked hard and well, you went on vacation and had fun.. You did the best you could...

Im going on a cruise in 30 days and though I will eat as much protein as possible and low carb, I may gain a few lbs too. I told myself that I will walk every day on board and just enjoy it..  I am NOT going to stress on vacation, just going to be mindful...

I love your pics and girl, YOU LOOK GOOD!!!!!! ;D :) ;) :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:34:19 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Rena

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »
Thanks, everyone. I know I'll lose what I put on, so I'm not too worried. And I felt good enough to pose for pictures the whole time, which is a first for me in years, so that's good.

It wasn't that I was 'tempted' by foods or made the wrong choices. I kept everything low-carb. I just felt I ate more than I usually do. I'm guessing that's because we were outside walking around so much and I felt more hungry. I also went to the gym 3 times while there, which was another first for me. I was never comfortable enough to do that before. But when it came to food, it was hard to pick apart a sandwich and just eat the meat without having the extras I'd normally have at home like a fresh spinach salad or a container of SF Jello to go with it. Just little stuff like that ... ::)

Amber -- Thanks for letting me know you bought my books for your grandson. That totally made my day today. Thank you and I hope he continues to enjoy them. :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
Hey good looking.....welcome back! Don't worry, it'll drop right back off  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »
she really does look good...  ;D
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Hi Rena!  Welcome back!   I LOVED the pictures from your trip!  They brought back SO many memories from our trips to Orlando when Madison was little.  Enjoy these vacations with those precious boys, because they grow up SO fast.  (People say that all the time, but it's TRUE!! sniff sniff)

Also, girl, you will have those pounds gone again in no time!  Chin up!  You are amazing, and you have GOT this!!   ;)        

Rena

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
Hey ... wait a darn minute!

I was soaking in the tub and thinking about how much I weighed before my trip. I was wrong by one number.

I put on 7 pounds -- not 8!

It might not be a big deal, but heck, it made me feel better.  ;D

And ...

Thanks for all your comments. I have been trying to post more pics on my blog, but Blogger is acting all wonky on me today. I hope I can access it soon. I want to make a slideshow. It's amazing how we were there with 10-day passes and still didn't get to see and do everything. I'd love to go back sometime.

Rena

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
6 pounds now ...

I'll get back there ... I hope.

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
You got there once you can do it again. ;) ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 11:51:16 AM »
6 pounds now ...

I'll get back there ... I hope.

Hi Rena! :)

There's NO hoping about it... You WILL get back there and much more! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Rena all will be well ;) My weight flucuates 8-10 pounds too.My pants get tight and I cut my carbs to nothing.I refuse to buy a bigger size.I like 8-10. Even low carb food if you eat too much will put on weight.(ice cream ::))And I don't have to go to disney to put on weight menopause does it for me :D :D :D :D :D :D