Author Topic: Just an update.  (Read 1416 times)

snobles

Just an update.
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:41:37 AM »
Well, I got my test results for my first set of blood work! My cholestrol was way to high? So now, she's got me on Simvastatin 20mg. once a day. I guess my body didn't catch up to what we've been doing f2s in enough time? Plus, she wants me to come in Monday to do blood work for my a1c and my thyroid! What exactally does the thyroid do?

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just an update.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
The thyroid has a lot to do with weight issues...I dont know the specifics and Im sure someone will be writing about soon..
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

I'm not a doctor. But I can tell you that a malfunctioning thyroid can reap havoc on our metabolisms.

My wife also has issues with her's.
After her doc got her meds right, her weight loss, cholesterol, etc. did much better!
So hang in there! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
You will probably find your thyroid is fine.A thyroid is like a thermostat. It regulates.My moms dissolved,she doesn't have one and it makes it just about impossible for her to gain weight.(along with other issues) I think when a doctor sees a overweight woman they want to rule out  other issues that could make her gain weight.Stay on FTS and all will be well.Let us know your results.