Author Topic: No More Naked Weiners!  (Read 18037 times)

Rena

Re: No More Naked Weiners!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
I was thinking about TooSweet's idea of making a corndog, so I came up with one of my own ...

A FLAXDOG! :D

I made the One Minute Muffin mix as usual, plus a little dill weed seasoning. Then I put a little bit into an oval shaped Tupperware dish and cooked it for about 30 seconds. Note: I put the mix into the 'corner' of the dish and angled it up against another dish so it wouldn't cook flat. Then I took it out, added the hotdog and covered it with the rest of the mix. Then I cooked it about 90 seconds, again at an angle. This is what I got out of it ...

I thought about adding a stick, but decided to just eat it without one. Now I'm on a quest to find something I can microwave in that makes it a better rounded shape. :D

owensmath

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:21 PM »
couldn't you use a tall coffee mug and stand the hot dog upright?

Rena

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
couldn't you use a tall coffee mug and stand the hot dog upright?

I thought of that, but I think you'd have to make a lot more of the mix. Not sure. I also thought of a tall, skinny plastic tumbler, but that might need more, too. Maybe one of those plastic taco holders that are curved on the bottom? (Cook one side at a time). Hmm ...

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
So creative Rena! The hot dog mold is pretty cool but $50, wow!  I see you eat kraut often, do you just use the can kraut and warm it up or do you do something special to make it more appealing?  I like it occasionally. 

Rena

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi Amber -- I just deleted the link because I think it was for crafts. I'm searching though and see they do make hotdog bun pans, but only for the oven. At least that I've found so far.

And yeah, I eat sauerkraut a lot -- nearly everyday for lunch. It's low calories, zero carbs (or <1) and has some fiber in it. I love it cold, actually, so that's usually how I eat it. Rick likes his heated up, but he doesn't eat it nearly as much as I do.

owensmath

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
Or you could just cut up the hot dog and mix it in with the OMM mix. OR.... make little ones...cut the dog into thirds and put them in the little itty bitty 1/2 cup size plastic ware.. . like cornpuppies!

Rena

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »
Or you could just cut up the hot dog and mix it in with the OMM mix. OR.... make little ones...cut the dog into thirds and put them in the little itty bitty 1/2 cup size plastic ware.. . like cornpuppies!

Now we're talking! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
Hi owensmath! :)

I agree with Rena!... You're on to something!

How about cutting hot dogs in pieces that would fit in cupcake pans?
Hooray cornpuppies! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »
I have mini-muffin pans, but that would require the oven. I'm curious if they make those rubbery kinds that you can microwave in now. I'm going into town tomorrow, so I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

shawn116

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »
You guys are my heroes!!!  I love this idea  ;D ;D  ;D

That looks great Rena!

joagain

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »
 I think I am gonna try the corn puppie idea with my cornbread recipe I just cant make myself like the OMM Rena what do you put in your OMM cause your hotdog looks good ,maybe I am making them wrong cause mine  are soggy and gross . LOL

shawn116

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 06:29:11 AM »
I bet that would be good Jo   8)

I'm thinking of one of those corn fritter cast iron pans with a hot dog in the center before you put them in the oven.  MMMMMMMMMMM

joagain

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:01 AM »
yep we are just bursting with good ideas !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 08:13:02 AM »
Wicked Cool Rena! By the way sauerkraut is the best way to get your vitamin C from food. ;) I love it! I like to add some to my stir fry veggies or just eat it out of the jar. :)

Rena

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »
Jo -- This is how I make the OMM ...

I take a Pyrex measuring cup and squirt in 10 shots of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Then I add an egg white, 1/2 tsp baking power, a little salt, 1/4 tsp dill, 1/4 cup flaxmeal, and a little bit of water. Then I just mix it really well with a fork and pop it into the microwave. Depending on which 'shape' I cook it, I microwave it anywhere from 90 seconds to 2 full minutes.

Some things I've noticed making these -- If you leave the egg yolk in, the bread is thicker/fluffier and tastes better. And personally, I think golden flaxmeal tastes better than the darker stuff. Also, the mix thickens as it sits, so if I'm making pancakes I'll add in more water, especially if I've taken the egg yolk out. Also, sometimes the side that's touching the cup or pan is moist. You can dry it out a bit by flipping it over and microwaving it for a few more seconds. Also, if I'm cooking it in plastic (like Tupperware), I'll spray it with Pam to get it out easier. I don't need to do that with the Pyrex cup, though. If I'm using it for a piece of bread or a bun, I'll add the dill seasoning. If I'm making pancakes or a muffin, I usually add cinnamon. The other day I put some WF chocolate syrup into one and made a chocolatey muffin. That's what I love about it -- I can make anything with it and I'm only doing one batch at a time so nothing goes bad. And it's FAST! :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:06:41 AM by Rena »