Author Topic: Day one, please chime in :-)  (Read 20681 times)

easytoforget

• View Profile
Re: Day one, please chime in :-)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome Maddy!

I'm trying to stick with it and not become overwhelmed joagain :) I made "tacos" with left over meat and romaine lettuce for dinner. I had very bad headaches today for some reason. I'm wondering if it's sugar withdrawal.
If seeing is believing, I've been blind a long time.

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »
Welcome! :)  Don't get overwhelmed - just jump in and do what you can do!  Yes, the headaches are definitely from sugar withdrawal.  I had a low burn headache for a week during detox; I know other people have too.  Don't worry it goes away and when it does you will feel a lot better! 

Rena

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
Pickles are funny -- you'll get a different carb count for every brand and website you see. I even have some sugar free ones that say zero calories, but one carb. Talk about confusing. Sometimes it's just easier to count them as one rather than try to keep track of all the brands.

Welcome to the message board, btw! :)

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 09:17:47 AM »
Easytoforget what brand of pickles did you buy?  I am curious.  Maybe they are lower then the ones I buy.

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 06:01:01 PM »
Welcome! :)  Don't get overwhelmed - just jump in and do what you can do!  Yes, the headaches are definitely from sugar withdrawal.  I had a low burn headache for a week during detox; I know other people have too.  Don't worry it goes away and when it does you will feel a lot better! 

Hi Jen! Thank you for the encouragement :) I think in all my excitement I wasn't realistic with how hard it might be for me to do this.  I'm a veggie/fruit/bread/rice-aholic. I can take or leave meat and dairy so this is quite a transition. 

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »
Pickles are funny -- you'll get a different carb count for every brand and website you see. I even have some sugar free ones that say zero calories, but one carb. Talk about confusing. Sometimes it's just easier to count them as one rather than try to keep track of all the brands.

Welcome to the message board, btw! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Yeah the label reading will be a fun learning experience.  The pickles I have say they only contain sodium, but I guess things can vary and it's better to be safe than chubby ;)

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »
Easytoforget what brand of pickles did you buy?  I am curious.  Maybe they are lower then the ones I buy.

Hi Beth,

They are Vlasic original dills :)

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice and welcomes.  I had scrambled eggs, a pickle, and a chopped romaine/cucumber salad with steamed shrimp, a red onion slice, and 2 tbsp of 1 carb ranch.  I've only had water to drink today.  Grilled london broil and some type of veggie is on the menu for dinner tonight.  I'm still battling my own mind :) And struggling with not overeating.  I've also been fairly lethargic and what I think is hungry, but I'm trying to stick to small meals and snacks.  The "hunger" and fatigue feelings are what make me second guess, but if I feel fulfilled, I do fine.  I try to drink water when it gets bad.  It's only been three days, this is actually day three, but I weighed in at the doctor Monday and again today and I'm down 2 lbs. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice and welcomes.  I had scrambled eggs, a pickle, and a chopped romaine/cucumber salad with steamed shrimp, a red onion slice, and 2 tbsp of 1 carb ranch.  I've only had water to drink today.  Grilled london broil and some type of veggie is on the menu for dinner tonight.  I'm still battling my own mind :) And struggling with not overeating.  I've also been fairly lethargic and what I think is hungry, but I'm trying to stick to small meals and snacks.  The "hunger" and fatigue feelings are what make me second guess, but if I feel fulfilled, I do fine.  I try to drink water when it gets bad.  It's only been three days, this is actually day three, but I weighed in at the doctor Monday and again today and I'm down 2 lbs. 

Sounds like your off to a great start, easytoforget! :)

The fatigue and "false hunger" feelings are most likely sugar detox symptoms.
When you get past detox, they should go away and you'll feel like a million bucks! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »
mouseissue, how do you suggest getting enough water everyday?  I have a problem getting liquids period.  I would normally have 3-4 cups of liquid, juice/water, a day before I started F2S.  I'm really trying to increase the amount of water I drink as I know it is pivotal for success, but I just don't know how to get it all in. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
mouseissue, how do you suggest getting enough water everyday?  I have a problem getting liquids period.  I would normally have 3-4 cups of liquid, juice/water, a day before I started F2S.  I'm really trying to increase the amount of water I drink as I know it is pivotal for success, but I just don't know how to get it all in. 

Hi easytoforget! :)

That's simple... Make drinking plain water your top priority over all other drinks.

Also, tracking your water intake (like you do your carbs) will also help.

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
I fill a big thermos/cooler with icy cold water and sometimes a slice of lemon or lime and make sure I finish  at least one or two (if it is a good day).  It helps me drink as much water as I can!

Rena

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
Water is hard for me, too. What I do is fill up a 32oz water bottle and force myself to drink it throughout the day. Then at lunch, I'll have a regular glass of water. When I'm exercising, I keep another water bottle where my equipment is and usually drink 2 of those. By the time the day is over, I've usually had enough, but it can be hard to make sure I get enough.

easytoforget

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm feeling a lot better.  I started carrying a thermos with water along with my bottle before I read the replies here. It really did help. I'm also not drinking anything else but with my meals.  I'm actually not drinking anything but water now that I'm thinking about it. I reaaaaaalllllly don't like sweeteners. 

I'm enjoying learning how to cook low carb. The possibilities seem endless right now and it's been fun cooking this way the past few days.  I've been experiencing serious hot flashes, but I'm not sure if that is attributed to the change in eating style or not.  Also, for the past two or three days, my cravings for sweets have dissipated.  I guess that's why I haven't been drinking anything but water :)

I haven't been weighing myself, so I'm not sure how things are going on the weight loss front, but I'm feeling pretty good and that means a lot more to me right now.

My daily menu the last few days consisted of romaine salad, cucumber salad, broccoli, various peppers, pork rinds, boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, spaghetti squash, shrimp, ranch dressing, cheese stuffed meat balls, string cheese, sf jello.

I'm planning to make low carb chili relleno and grilled w/ santa fe style chicken tonight. Romaine/cucumber salad with parmesan on the side.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
Hi easytoforget! :)

I'm glad to hear you've discovered the wonders of plain water.
In our culture, it's so overlooked!

Since cravings for sweets have dissipated, you may be near or past the end of sugar detox.
That's great news!!!... It get so much better from here on out! :) :) :)

Your hot flashes could be sugar detox symptoms or how your body is responding to your new lifestyle.
If they don't get better soon, to be sure, see your doc.
My wife discovered that she needed to have her thyroid meds adjusted due to body chemistry changes from this lifestyle.

Sounds like you're eating a nice variety of low carb foods!
Enjoying this lifestyle is what will make it work so well! ;)