Author Topic: HI from a newbie  (Read 1963 times)

Roselover

• View Profile
    • Email
HI from a newbie
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
HI All, hope this is the right place to say hi !! (waving)  I am so happy to find this forum to go along with the great FTS book. I saw Doug on CBN one night and was amazed. But decided I just couldn't eat that way. Then a friend showed me another book along the same line that he was using. I read that one and then remembered FTS and checked it out from my library. So very happy to find it. I don't eat artificial sugars, pork or shellfish so it does make it a tad harder for me but still many choices.
I have lost 3 pounds already since starting 8 days ago. I'm not sure I"m eating enough food but am here to learn. I am amazed that I am not craving sugar. I have been eating candy and ice cream everyday for who knows how long. Now when I look at it, it doesn't even faze me. But I know that the honeymoon can end any day, lol. Looking forward to getting know all of you and watching my weight ticker travel to the right.
Roselover

joagain

Re: HI from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »
Welcome to FTS Roselover ! We will enjoy watching your ticker move to the right also !!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »
Welcome to the family, Roselover! :) :) :) :) :) :)
And congrats on losing your first 3 pounds! ;D ;D ;D

You've come to the right place for support with your now FTS lifestyle.

You're correct!!!... Although you do not eat artificial sweeteners, pork, or shellfish, there are many other things you can eat and enjoy!
Just go look at our recipes from the home page of this forum to see for yourself.

As long as you abide by the rules of the FTS lifestyle and don't quit, the honeymoon will never have to end! :)
Even if you slip... That's OK!.. Just get right back on board and continue!
That's the difference between a diet and a lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to hear about your FTS journey!
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum Roselover

So glad to meet you!!  I wish you luck in your journey  ;)

Shawn

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 09:43:28 PM »
Hi Roselover and welcome to the forum! So glad you found FTS and US!!   You will really enjoy talking with everyone on here.  They are so supportive and they really care about seeing you succeed!  I am addicted to the forum and the FTS lifestyle!!    ;D 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »
Welcome Roselover! :) I am umpa, dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. We have a variety  of people on the forum.Vegans,vegetarians,  people with food allergies,cancer survivors,and the Hardest to help Southern Women(they don't wanna give up the grits!)I will be more than happy to help you,just ask :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
Waving back at you Roselover. Welcome to a whole new way of living and feeling great.

Can't wait to see that ticker move to the right each week.  ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »
Welcome to this wonderful journey!  Look forward to talking with you often here on FTS.com!

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess