Author Topic: Qdoba  (Read 10945 times)

Rena

Qdoba
« on: June 14, 2011, 03:09:55 PM »
Sherri's post about Chipotle got me thinking about Qdoba, since that is something we DO have here. I just checked their website and they have a nutritional calculator, so you can figure out exactly what's in your food. And they offer 'naked' choices without tortillas, chips, rice, etc ... Pretty cool.

I added up a naked grilled chicken salad with cheese & salsa and it says 4 net carbs. The more you add to it (like extra meat or more veggies), then obviously the higher the carbs. But that's really cool they let you figure it out beforehand.

http://www.qdoba.com/Calculator.aspx

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Qdoba
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
I know I love the nutritional sites so you can eat what you like and know carb counts.  I saw your blog-it is great that you write children's books.  I'm a second grade teacher so I appreciate what you do! :)

Rena

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:52:51 PM »
Thanks, Beth! :)

I think we'll hit up Qdoba's tomorrow night. I changed my salad's salsa and got it down to 3.  :D

Rena

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »
Oh cool -- HuHot has one, too. We're limited here in NW Montana, so I need to look around the sites more often and see what they have. I was happy to see some 0 carb sauces at HuHot. I've been avoiding that place because of the sauces, but it looks like they have some low ones.

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:47:57 PM »
I ate at a HuHot when I was visiting my family in Kansas.  Boy was it ever good.  I love that you can put what you want on your plate for them to cook.  I'm not sure if we have them here in South Carolina or not..... I sure would love it if they did though  :D

Rena

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
I love it that they have these nutritional calculators online, but you kind of have to know beforehand what you're going to get. I don't think I could remember on my own, so at least they give you the option of printing them up. That's nice because I can enter them into FatSecret, too.

I was looking at Perkins, too. You'd think it's pretty easy ordering breakfast, but a lot of the stuff they throw in there adds up the carbs pretty fast.

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »
Rena
I bought myself a small note pad that I can tuck into my purse ( I call it my pocket brain LOL) and looked up Hubs and my favorite restaurants.  I made a note of each one that had carb friendly items and the ones that didn't.  Especially if I needed to ask them to adjust or leave something off.    That way when Hubs asks what I want to eat I have a chance at something good other than just another salad....LOL   ;) It's nice to have a plan ahead of time.  It was really helpful when I was on my trip this past month.  Most of the time there I wasn't the one to choose where we ate.  It was nice to be prepaired before I went in.

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »
Great idea toosweet.  I usually look up nutritional info before I go each time to a different place.  It would definitely save me time to write them down and keep with me!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
It's showing that there is one not to far from me. Next time my son has a football game out that way we'll check it out. Looks really good!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »
fatsecret.com has a "restaurant" section where you can look up a restaurant and it will give you a list of foods and the nutritional breakdown of all the items.  I use it whenever we go out to eat at a restaurant.  It helps in making choices.  The app on my phone is called  "calorie counter" and it syncs to the fatsecret.com website. 

Qdoba, Chipotle, HuHot, Dunkin Donuts, Mcdonalds, etc.  All listed there with their menus broken down.  I love it!

Check it out.  It helps to plan ahead

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »
That is cool  ;D ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »
fatsecret.com has a "restaurant" section where you can look up a restaurant and it will give you a list of foods and the nutritional breakdown of all the items.  I use it whenever we go out to eat at a restaurant.  It helps in making choices.  The app on my phone is called  "calorie counter" and it syncs to the fatsecret.com website. 

Qdoba, Chipotle, HuHot, Dunkin Donuts, Mcdonalds, etc.  All listed there with their menus broken down.  I love it!

Does it happen to have a restaurant called Lime listed?
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

Oh cool! I didn't know this. I was just looking at the particular restaurant's websites. I'll have to check FatSecret out as well. Not that we have a whole lot of choices up here, but every bit helps.

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »
Lime is not listed. 

But that's not to say they may, someday.  They are updating it all the time.

I have the app on my phone so I can check out the menu before we go to the restaurant...then Iknow what to order...or if I find myself spur of the moment in a restaurant, I can check my phone.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »
Rena,
I am not sure if it is just the phone app that has the restaurant feature or if the website also has it.  I use the phone app 99% of the time and plug in my meals on the computer because typing is easier on the computer than my tiny little buttoned phone!

But check out the website to see if the restaurant feature is on there. 

Theresa

~ Dr. Suess