Author Topic: Low-Carbohydrate, High-Protein Diets May Reduce Both Tumor Growth Rates and Canc  (Read 3896 times)

shawn116

Good morning everyone  :)

I was reading through my email this morning and ran across this artical and found it interesting.  I thought I would share: http://www.dlife.com/diabetes-news/content/low-carbohydrate-high-protein-diets-may-reduce-both-tumor-growth-rates-and-cancer-risk?utm_source=Foodstuff-20110621&utm_medium=eNewsletter&utm_content=Foodstuff-newsletter&utm_campaign=dLife-eNewsletter

Hope everyone has a enjoyable day!!
Shawn

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
This is an AMAZING study!!

"When asked to speculate on the biological mechanism, Krystal said that tumor cells, unlike normal cells, need significantly more glucose to grow and thrive. Restricting carbohydrate intake can significantly limit blood glucose and insulin, a hormone that has been shown in many independent studies to promote tumor growth in both humans and mice.

Furthermore, a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet has the potential to both boost the ability of the immune system to kill cancer cells and prevent obesity, which leads to chronic inflammation and cancer."

The carbs are fueling cancer! I always tell people to do FTS because when Doctors do tests to look for cancer they feed you sugar because it makes the cells multiply...now we have proof!

Thanks for sharing this TooSweet
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I work with alot of women that are breast cancer survivors and they are not taught this after treatment.That is sad ???

shawn116

You are so right SherriPie  and you honed in on the best part  :)

I was amazed as well.... I'm pretty sure I have heard you and Doug say that sugar feeds cancer Umpa, now here it is in black and white.  You are right about it being sad to..... sugar is just plain toxic and not to just cancer patients.  >:(

At least it was on the email that I get from DLife (a site devoted to diabetes)  so maybe the word is getting out.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:27:04 PM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I really want to do a cookbook for cancer survivors.There is so much they cant eat.I am working personally with a few girls here on the forum.Everybody is learning about cancer/sugar,but for women osteoporosis is also fed by sugar.All the calcium in the world won't help your bones if you are eating tons of sugar.

shawn116

Wow I sure didn't know that either!   :o  My mother has osteoporosis so I know it is a concern for me.  Not only for her sake but myself down the line.  Thanks Umpa for bringing that to light.  My mother is now trying to eat the FTS way.  She also has diabetes and was impressed with how I was able to come off of my meds and stabilize my sugar.  So maybe it will help her in more ways than we had hoped  ;D  I'm getting excited because my doc wanted me to come back in July to take my a1c.  That will give it a true check of how it has been from day 1 of my lifestyle change.  I can't wait to see what it is  ;D ;D ;D  July 11 will be 3 months Yea!!!

joagain

Yeah for you toosweet !!!!!!

Jeannie

• View Profile
Wow!! Its just amazing how bad sugar is for our bodys in so many ways. I also work with a breast cancer survivor and she was telling me this same thing about sugar feeding cancer. Very sad

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am happy for you toosweet and your mom! :)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Wow! It is truly amazing to realize over and over again the negative effects of sugar on our bodies!  It's so much more than weight!  I showed this to my husband and he was amazed as well; his mother has been going through treatment for breast cancer for months now and has had a really rough road.  I'm hoping she will see this as a new start. 
  TooSweet - I've been wanting to ask you - how is your arthritis doing?  Have you noticed any improvements with the diet change?  My husband definitely has.

shawn116

I've been doing pretty good Jen  Thanks for asking  ;D

I am even having days that I can forget I have it...... at least part of the day anyway.  Sadly it reminds me that it is still there when I try and do to much.. :-\     I have to say it is really good to feel good enough to try and do to much   ;)

I am so glad your husband is feeling better to  ;D

Thanks Umpa  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
I used to have issues with some arthritis in my right hip due to a fall I took while working the shipyards years ago.
At times, it would get VERY painful.

But thanks to FTS, I haven't felt so much as a pinch in months!!!
Thank God for FTS!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
 ;D ;D ;D It pleases me watching you guys and girls taking control of your health :)

joagain

I can not believe all the things that FTS helps my headaches I can not believe I have suffered with them for 30 years & have 2 painful sinuis surgeries which did not help . I have not had 1 headache sense starting FTS ! Well not since my DETOX !!!!!

ANd no Acid Reflux!

shawn116

Amen to that Jo!!   ;D ;D

Me to Umpa!!  Before I found FTS I felt like I had lost control over my health and it was spiraling downward.  I am way to young and have far to many years to go to be struggling with the health issues I have been in the last 6 years ( really probably most of my life)  I thank God (and my good friend) for leading me to you, Doug and FTS.  I have no doubt that my life has been both changed and saved in a big way......God bless you both  ;)  And everyone in the FTS family  ;D ;D