Author Topic: Question About Excersizing  (Read 3096 times)

snobles

Question About Excersizing
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
Hey y'all, I get quite a bit of excersizing done at work  ;D I'm constantly walking at a high pace for hours upon end some days! and my carb intake has been 20 carbs or less, shouldn't I be dropping the weight? Or does it take time for the body to adjust? I'm on a regular work schedule now, and get plenty of walking in. Was just wondering.

easytoforget

• View Profile
Re: Question About Excersizing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
I don't really have an answer to your question, but I wanted to send some support your way :) I hope someone who knows will answer soon.
If seeing is believing, I've been blind a long time.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
Well for me, I walk up  and down stairs a lot at work daily and have for many years.  I believe for it to count as increased exercise I will have to increase the number of time up and down the stairs!  It sounds like your body might be adjusting to your change in work schedule.

snobles

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
Thank you for the support Easytoforget! and Amber, yeah, I guess you're right! Don't ya hate it when that happens? Darnit! I guess I need to start back up walking again in the evenings! But, by the time I get home my feet and back are killing me! LoL...

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

Walking (and other exercise) are great for getting your metabolism humming to facilitate weight loss.
It's also does many other good things for the body.

However, like Doug says in his book, exercise is VERY inefficient for weight loss.
The weight loss focus must be on carbs and portion sizes.
And be careful with SF sweets. they too can slow the show way down.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »
Are you eating too much food? Portion control is a "tweak" we should all be aware of constantly.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
@ Doug, I eat like a bird! LoL...It's amazing to me, how much I ate when we firs started the program!! I have no idea where I put it all! The scale did drop this morning! Thought it was broke! Haha...Maybe I should try to eat less? We've cut out "all the junk food!!" I haven't had any, and frankly don't miss any of it! To me, all that stuff is, is empty carb intake! And I don't have the cravings anymore! I guess it just takes time!

Rena

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
I've lost weight before without exercising ... and ... I've lost weight with it. Believe me, it is so much better for you to include it. Not just for weight loss, but for your heart, lungs, and everything else. I exercise an hour everyday and I've hit stalls with my weight loss. Those are probably always caused by eating too much. Are you tracking your food closely? That's where www.fatsecret.com has really helped me.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »
I agree with Rena.I exercise not for weight loss but for my menopause and my heart.Heart disease runs in my family.You don't have to run 5 miles a day just move. :) I  love to walk

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
You know Steph, it really doesn't matter how long it takes to come off. For some people it's simply a slow process, different bodies, different metabolisms etc... How's the rest of the family doing...kids?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »

@Doug, they're doing good! We're all loosing the weight! I just wish I knew of this years ago! That way, I wouldn't be in position I'm in today! It's just amazing how life changes! In highschool, I was 125! But, we will keep chuggin along!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 07:39:09 PM »
I think its great you are doing this with your family Snobles :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Hi Stephanie, I also exercise at least 4 x a wk...low impact aerobics...I have aslo that cutting sodium intake as well as fat intake gets my WL going....I tend to retain fluids...as  long as its going down, Im happy
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

snobles

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »
@Umpa, thanks! I think it would be harder to do if I didn't have company!  ;D @Alex, yeah, I will start walking again, Once the freakin heat goes away! I was going to start walking in the evenings, but it's still too freakin hot!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:45 PM »
... @Alex, yeah, I will start walking again, Once the freakin heat goes away! I was going to start walking in the evenings, but it's still too freakin hot!

Hi Stephanie! :)

Walk early in the mornings before sunrise.
It's the coolest time of day, and the air is the cleanest then as well.

After your walk, take a cool shower, have some breakfast, and start your day!
What you do today is what matters!