Author Topic: Just Because I wanted to be totally honest with yall  (Read 4231 times)

snobles

Just Because I wanted to be totally honest with yall
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:43 PM »
We've been up in Missouri for 2yrs. now, and one day my husband and now 17yr. old were talking about dip(smokeless tobacco)My husband has quit it for years now, but(you knew there had to be a but right?)I just had to try it. Thank God I didn't try smokeing! I've been doing it little over a year now, and today, I am makeing the conscience decision to quit it! I have read all the warning labels on the things about how addictive it was and thought, yeah right, that won't happen to me, wrong! I have tried before, several times to quit, and failed, because I needed the "fix!" I hate the crash feeling after the "fix" goes away! Felt just like someone on drugs! WoW!! It had overtaken ME! Before I even realized what happened!
Plus, with me on these different medications now, I figured it wasn't wise to be trying to "live healthier" and doing that stuff! Plus, I have Vertigo, which, you would think that would've been an insight! I may get cranky and moodier(as my husband says, so what's going to change?! Haha...)but I believe I will be a lot happier, not being addicted to that stuff as I have been.
Thanks for listening!

easytoforget

• View Profile
Re: Just Because I wanted to be totally honest with yall
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
Good luck snobles! :)
If seeing is believing, I've been blind a long time.

snobles

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Thank you easy to forget! I'll need all the luck I can get!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »
Wow I wish you luck Snobles!!  and congratulations on your decision.   I have never tried the dip but was a smoker for many years.  I can tell you that it wasn't easy to quit but was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I think it might be like with sugar, once you get through the detox it gets easier.  I know dip isn't exactly the same as smoking.  I think it took me about two weeks of going crazy before I was back to myself.  Just keep telling yourself that it is so worth going through. You are worth it..... ;) 

snobles

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »
Thanks TooSweet! So far so good! I imagine it's the same thing as smokeing! I'm sure it has all the bad side effects! Thanks again!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
Good luck, Stephanie! And good for you for wanting to quit and get healthier. It might not be easy, but I'm sure you can do it. We're all here for you!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »
Good luck, Stephanie! I use too smoke also quiting was one of the smartest things I ever did . It will be hard just like it was with the sugar detox ! BUt I do have just one question what in the world made you want to try it ? :P :P

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
Good Luck snobles! I quit smoking years ago it was tough! I used the patch.But it can be done!We are all here for you :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
OK Steph, here's honest for you DON'T RELAPSE or this may be your future.......... :'( :'( :'(  Good Luck, Stay Strong

stop dippinnn!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Jeannie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 09:01:11 AM »
Good luck Snobbles. I quit smoking a few years back. So glad I did I feel much better. Stay Strong :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:05:36 AM »
Good luck and if you need us, we're here.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

Smoking and dipping are two of the most dangerous things we can do to ourselves.

My wife and I quit smoking on May 9, 2010 using Chantix prescriptions.
After 3 months, we stopped using the Chantix AND were tobacco-free!
Right after that, I started FTS!

I had tried to quit many times over my life.
And on honest reflection, the only reason I quit for good this time is that I was VERY TRULY serious about it.
So make up your mind Stephanie that you WILL quit no matter what, and you will! :)

We're here for you and will root you on!
What you do today is what matters!

snobles

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »
Thanks guys! Love the support! One thing that was the kicker for me, is, I have vertigo, I'm takeing meds that help the dizziness, but I had an episode last night. They don't come arround to often anymore! Thank goodness! I make sure I don't get overheated, that's what triggers it! But I did get super dizzy last night and my hands were shakeing pretty bad! (Meanwhile, I'm dipping!) I hate how that stuff makes you feel! Like I'm not in control, and I Hate that! It usually only lasts about 30min. and I'm fine! So that's why I decided to quit dipping, I didn't need all the extra garbage to go along with my ailments!!
On a brighter note! When we first started Fat To Skinny, I was in a size 22-24 wide! Now, I'm actually in an 18 PETITE!! I have never(well, when I was in High school, and 1st got married)in my life been in anything petite!! I am sooo doing a happy dance!!! It feels great being in an 18!!

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »
Yahoo!!!  Way to go!!  ;D ;D  I know that must feel great ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
I am THRILLED for you Steph!! Petite!!  Woo Hoo  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)