Author Topic: Tofu???  (Read 1786 times)

snobles

Tofu???
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »
Okay, since I am ventureing out of my "relhm", we noticed that they had the block style of tofu next door at the grocery store. We've never ever used tofu, and don't know anything about it. If I make like hamburger helper, and put tofu in it? (don't know how that would work? Any ideas on how to cook with it?)Would it actually make the tofu taste like hamburger helper???

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tofu???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:03 PM »
I don't know anything about tofu but was actually thinking today about trying the Macafoney & Cheese.

Rena

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
Unlike the little fishies, I could try this one. I just haven't. I've been wanting to try Doug's Macafoney & Cheese. When I first got the FTS book, I thought that sounded awful. Then again, I thought "Beanit Butter" cookies sounded gross, too. Live and learn, I guess. I could eat a whole jar of Beanit Butter now. Oh wait ... I just did. No wonder my ticker is stuck! ;)

Not sure if I can live & learn with the little fishies, though. :D :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
Steph, I think that it's as simple as making the macafoney and cheese recipe and load it up with cooked ground beef. That would really be a great recipe :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »
Macaroni and cheese with ground beef was one of my family's favorite meals and comfort foods.

Look out Macafoney and Cheese... Here we come! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:59:13 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
Rick's stopping for tofu on his way home for work, so I'm going to give it a try tonight. Wish me luck. Ha!

I don't have individual baking dishes. What size baking pan would work best? I guess I can always figure that out when I have it all in the bowl. Does everyone cook it individually?