Author Topic: need a kick in the A$$  (Read 3346 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
need a kick in the A$$
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »
So I am very sad  :'( because I know that I am still going through some detox because of how I am feeling... I really messed up on the cruise.. Though the desserts I had were "SF" I know that it wasnt low carb...    I am not falling off the wagon, just struggling a little to get back on all the way.. I am still eating low carb since I have been back but the darn cravings are there... UGH....   

Thanks for letting me vent... I know it will pass, but darn it really sucks!!!!!!! >:( :'( >:( :'(
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: need a kick in the A$$
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
You are strong Alex and have lost ALOT!! You can do this, just like the detox the first time around. Remember how hard that was? Just hang in there and in a week you'll feel better. The further time between you and the food on the cruise the better you'll feel. Those fries did it to me too and that was just one meal. Now I'm craving cake! Cake can you believe that!

Be strong, we can do this! :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
I had some No Sugar Added desserts in WDW and I know they had carbs in them. It was a berry crisp and I just picked out the berries. But when it came to having a second helping, I think I ate more of the crisp. Oops. Even so, it was a whole lot better than eating the sugary stuff, so think of it that way. No harm done. The Earth is still rotating. ;)

I know you can get back on track, Alex. Of course, I say that sitting here eating SF chocolates. HA! Find a low-carb version of whatever it is you're craving. Mine has been peanut/beanit butter lately and that has kept my weight loss at a standstill. I haven't gained, but a spoonful here and a spoonful there sure has kept me maintaining and not losing. Oops, again. The world hasn't come to an end. Not yet, anyway. ;)

You'll get back on track! I know it! :) :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »
Hi Alex! :)

I sounds to me like the cruise was the "kick in the A$$" needed to remind you of the benefits of staying on course and the grief of going off course.

Sometimes even simple slips can cause a stall and trigger sugar detox where old sugar cravings come back.
I remember this earlier on in my FTS journey.

But I've also noticed that the longer I live this lifestyle, the more quickly my metabolism bounces back after a goof.
It's like the old saying goes... What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!

If you have any around the house, get rid of all high carb poisons.
Doing so will help you get back on track quicker! ;)

We're all here to help get back to and stay on course!
What you do today is what matters!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
I feel your pain...read my blog on my experience. You can do it.  I fell a little off the wagon and I'm going through detox again myself.  We'll get through it together. :)

http://sweettoothsalvation.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-day-of-endulgence-is-not-worth-it.html]
[url]http://sweettoothsalvation.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-day-of-endulgence-is-not-worth-it.html
[/url]
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
Hi izzet! :)

I too went through a similar experience a while back.

FAT from going off course is fast on and slow off.
Our metabolisms need time to correct course (detox) before we start to lose again.
But anytime we go "off course", it's a benefit think about what went wrong and prepare for the next time.

It's great to hear that your hubby now understands the consequences of sugar to your progress.

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 05:47:17 PM »
You have done so great.  I bet you will be at your goal by the end of the year.  Keep your eyes on the prize.

joagain

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
That Valentines Day I went to the Chinese place I thought I was staying away from the bad foods  but the next day I had what felt like terrible hunger pains that would not go away and craved things that I had not even thought about . My hunger pains lasted 24 hours and the cravings lasted 2 days drink alot of water .

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
That Valentines Day I went to the Chinese place I thought I was staying away from the bad foods  but the next day I had what felt like terrible hunger pains that would not go away and craved things that I had not even thought about . My hunger pains lasted 24 hours and the cravings lasted 2 days drink alot of water .

Hi Jo! :)

Most Chinese restaurants can be dangerous places!
High carbs, MSG, etc..
Drinking lots of water is the best way to flush those poisons out of your body.

Until you're comfortable with your progress, I would strongly recommend that you avoid such places.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »
we will do this together..Its amazing but the news from my labs really helped alot along with all of you amazing people....I feel so much better ad actually didnt wake up with a sweet thoughts...thank u all for your support and Im here for u too... :-* :-* :-* :-*
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:27:13 AM »
All will be well ;)