Author Topic: Crazy article!  (Read 1982 times)

Rena

Crazy article!
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/parents-lose-custody-super-obese-kids-200342454.html

Seriously, who are these people that come up with stuff like this?  >:(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy article!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
This article is an example of what happens when the people rely on the gov't to take care of them.

The gov't creates a "food pyramid" that destines them to become obese. Then blames them for being obese!!!
Fact is, the people should take care of themselves... That's called self-reliance... The basis of personal FREEDOM!!!

Of course, there will will be those who "fall short" by others measure.
But if we're to remain a free nation, failure (or falling short) MUST be permitted!!!
For without it, how could anyone know that they were incorrect and learn from it?... That's how we grow!!!

And this quote:
"Dr. Lainie Ross, a medical ethicist at the University of Chicago, said: "There's a stigma with state intervention. We just have to do it with caution and humility and make sure we really can say that our interventions are going to do more good than harm."".

This statement says... "I. Dr. Lainie Ross, hope we (the gov't) are right... If not... Oops!".
Are we going to allow the gov't to decide what is in our personal best interest?

God bless us and save us from government run amok.
It happened in Germany in the 1930's.
Let's learn from history lest we be doomed to repeat it!!!

Ponder these things with deep honest thought.
And God bless you and yours who reads this post!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:43:45 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »
Tony -- I totally agree.

Then again, I'm one of those crazy parents who thinks parents should have the right to actually parent their kids. Seems some people feel it's the school's job these days. I also know that it's emotionally scarring to remove a child from their home. With Rick being in law enforcement for so long, I've heard more stories than I can count. It's terribly hard on a child to be removed from a really BAD home situation. I can't even begin to imagine them being taken away for something so minor like food or weight issues. That's just crazy to me. Instead of mandating what the schools serve in their cafeterias, they ought to be focusing more on not cutting out PE and trying to get kids more active outside in their school yards.

Okay, off my soapbox. I could go on and on and on.  ::)

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:44:57 AM »
This makes me so sad.... I can't imagine some one saying " Sorry sweetie you can't be with mommy and daddy because you can't control what you put in your mouth"  Who does that help???   >:( >:(  

This statement says... "I. Dr. Lainie Ross, hope we (the gov't) are right... If not... Oops!".
Are we going to allow the gov't to decide what is in our personal best interest?

God bless us and save us from government run amok.
It happened in Germany in the 1930's.
Let's learn from history lest we be doomed to repeat it!!!

Well said Tony!!

They are having a hard enough time deciding what is in our country's best interest!!!!  I wouldn't even trust them to manage my house hold budget.... I'd go broke in no time!!  Let alone how I should raise my child..... we are still FREE right??? LOL
The key here is education..... but with the right info for heaven's sake!!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:35:10 PM by TooSweet »

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »
Ok I was going to get on my soapbox until I read the other posts....pretty much said it all so all I can add is Here Here! I agree with everyone wholeheartedly.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
I am in favor of education.Educate the families like we do here at the forum.People don't know until they are taught.Kids are so smart,once they are taught they have it.This stinks of protecting people from themselves.I would think social services would have better things to do.I hate this >:(

Jeannie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 07:41:05 AM »
WOW!! I Agree with you Umpa educating the parents and the children would be very helpful. Instead of wasting time and money on trying to take something (our children) that does not belong to them they should work on a healthier "food  pyramid" Being a school cafeteria manager I speak from experience with children and food. If you offer education and healthy choices in food they will for the most part choose the chef salad or the tuna wrap over the chicken sandwich or burger. A little education goes a long way's.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 10:11:27 AM »
Thats right Jeannie.People teach their kids what they were taught.You have to break the cycle.Educate.No parent is intentionally making their children fat."yeah I think i will fatten up my child so i can make our health insurance go up,and buy bigger clothes every month,food bill go up,and my child can then be ridiculed in school".Sounds evil huh??
That is why I love Dougs Sugar video! Anybody ,even children, can understand it :)