Author Topic: If you struggle drinking water ...  (Read 3598 times)

Rena

If you struggle drinking water ...
« on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
I know some people really struggle getting all the water they need each day. I've gotten a lot better about it, but it took me awhile. Here's a little suggestion to help that's worked well for me ... SPICE IT UP!

** Use habanero or spicy mustard to dip cold cuts in instead of ketchup or BBQ sauce.
** Add a couple habanero or jalapeno stuffed olives to your meal.
** Instead of a hard-boiled egg, devil it with habanero or spicy mustard in the yolk.
** Add a few Tabasco drops to your scrambled eggs.

Trust me ... just a little of this will have you drinking a FULL GLASS of water with every meal! There are a lot of added health benefits of peppers and pepper-related products and most spicy mustards are zero carbs. I can really struggle drinking water and a lot of times I have to use something like a Lipton On-The-Go mix just to get it down. Today I dipped my turkey & ham rolls in habanero mustard, had a couple of jalapeno olives, and some saurkraut. Before I realized it, I had drank a full 32-ounce container of plain water!

momx04

• View Profile
Re: If you struggle drinking water ...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
I agree Rena,
I recently switched my almond snack to Habanero flavored almonds (2g carbs) and I have been drinking SOOOOOOOO much water...
Them babies are HOT!

Theresra

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
That is a good idea Rena , Water is one thing I dont have a problem with I drink 64-80 Oz's a day

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
I agree with you rena!  i buy a cheddar from the sams club that is habenero and I love it!A little goes a long way! :)

Rena

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
I agree with you rena!  i buy a cheddar from the sams club that is habenero and I love it!A little goes a long way! :)

What's the brand name? I've been looking for the Cabot brand, but can't find it here, not habanero anyway. Yancy's has a good jalapeno/pappadew. I find that at Costco. If it has habanero, I'll all over it. I miss the Fiery Habanero Doritos. I'm not a chips person, but those are awesome.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
I will check ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 08:53:26 AM »
Its called Three Alarm cheese.Its made by DCI Cheese Company Richfield,WI 53076 phone (800)782-0741 :)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
Great suggestion!  Bought Wasabi & Soy Sauce, Habanero BBQ & Cocoa Almonds. Wow the wasabi will make you want a drink of water.  Haven't tried the Cocoa yet. I like to keep some almonds in my desk at work for quick snack.

joagain

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 06:40:17 AM »
Amber the cinnamon ones are the BOMB !! I have to but them in little baggies they are dangerous baby !

Rena

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »
I still haven't tried the Cinnamon Almonds. If I do, I will have to put them in baggies too because I know I'd eat the entire can. I LOVE cinnamon, especially the super hot stuff.

I don't think there's any chance of Umpa creating a SF Super Hot Tamale candy, is there? I guess they're called FIRE now. I love those things.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
Jo I LOVE the pic of you and my buddy Tyler! :)
Rena what is a hot tamale candy??Hard candy? I love to make candy. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 01:10:56 PM »
Jo I LOVE the pic of you and my buddy Tyler! :)
Rena what is a hot tamale candy??Hard candy? I love to make candy. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, they're those hot red cinnamon candies that are rather large, elongated jelly beans.
I've seen them in the movie theaters since I was a kid.
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
Yep, made by Just Born.

http://www.hottamales.com/

I miss those little fiery things.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
I remember those now!!  :D :D :D I haven't been to a movie theater in years.Its everything doug and I can do to be done with work by 8:00 at night to snuggle up and watch a movie at home with the puppies!  :D
I wonder whats playing??
Rena how about some hard cinnamon candies? :)

Rena

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
Umpa -- Yeah, I like the hard cinnamon candies, too, and I know they make them SF. It's just, well, it's just not the same as the chewy. But ... I'll survive. :)